Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

My next gig is Punk Rock Factory in a few weeks to kick off a fairly busy month of 5 gigs. Pop punk versions of Disney tunes with a beer or two sounds like a good friday night to me.

The rest of the month consist of Poets Of The Fall, Enter Shikari in Athens, Hot Milk and Against The Current, followed up with As December Falls in early December to round out the year.

Edited by LiamPodmore

Saw Muse supported by the amazing Nova Twins a couple of weeks ago, will definitely go and see them again. Next month it’s Ben Folds, Extreme / Living Colour, The Darkness in Amsterdam (18th birthday present for daughter) and The Darkness again in Manchester.

Next one is Damnation Festival in November (Electric Wizard, Anaal Nathrakh, Julie Christmas, Deadguy, Amenra, Unearth, Akercocke, Undeath, Rotten Sound, Nordic Giants, Bossk and others)

Then I've got a ticket for Botch in March, cannot wait for that one

6 hours ago, upside downer said:

Next one up is the Professionals at the Craufurd Arms in Wolverton in early November.

Thanks for the tip-off, I didn’t know they were back there. I saw them there last year (or was it year before???) and they were excellent.

Ticket now purchased!

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 2

On November 4th, myself, wifey and my cousin are off to see @casapete's band 'The ELO Experience' play in Stevenage.  My cousin once travelled to Dublin to see ELO, he loves them and we are all looking forward to this.

Though gigs are a bit like buses.  Jah Wobble is playing in Camden on the same night.  Shame I can't be in two places at once.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BillyBass said:

Though gigs are a bit like buses.  Jah Wobble is playing in Camden on the same night.  Shame I can't be in two places at once.

No pressure then Billy!

I just hope you enjoy the gig - we’re a theatre show so play most of the hits from ELO in 2 x 50 min sets.

The venue has a bit of a sports hall feel, so we’ll do our best to warm it up a bit! Our sound guy usually

does a great job, so hopefully it should be a good night.

Cheers, Pete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, casapete said:

No pressure then Billy!

I just hope you enjoy the gig - we’re a theatre show so play most of the hits from ELO in 2 x 50 min sets.

The venue has a bit of a sports hall feel, so we’ll do our best to warm it up a bit! Our sound guy usually

does a great job, so hopefully it should be a good night.

Cheers, Pete.

I'm looking forward to it.  ELO are one of those rare bands that have so many great songs that you could do 2x50 minute sets full of crackers and have plenty left over.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2023 at 18:14, kevin_lindsay said:

I'm seeing Brother Strut on Saturday at Oran Mor in Glasgow. 

Paul Turner and Rob Harris from Jamiroquai on bass and guitar respectively.  I'm meeting them for a bite to eat before the gig also, it'll be fun catching up with them. 

Alright? Saw them at the Cluny in Newcastle upon Tyne last night and it was totally awesome- great sound, tight as a very tight thing and good vibes. You’re in for a treat.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tangerine Dream. I have been given a couple of tickets for Sunday 5th Nov. at The De La Warr Pavilion Bexhill on Sea. I know nothing about them even though I’m easily old enough to have seen or listened to them first time around. I should really give them a listen before hand, any suggestions for a good primer. Should be interesting. 

Janek Gwizdala, afternoon workshop and evening gig last night in Nottingham.

Beautiful bass tone from the Mattison bass, and fascinating to talk pedals and techniques. Just a shame there weren’t more bassists at the workshop.

Such an amazing player, great night.

F15BE007-22AB-46EC-9866-F28328BE4E7A.jpeg

• Like 1