Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PJ Harvey in Dublin last night. I'm not a huge fan, though I do like some of her songs, but it was a fantastic performance. She started with songs from her new album. I had only heard a bit of it before the gig and think that they are the sort of songs that you need to see and hear performed live, rather than listening to a recording. The band, which included John Parish, were superb and Polly is an incredible performer. You can't take your eyes off her.

• 3 weeks later...

Next Monday it's Alcest at SWX in Bristol then on the Tuesday it's Cult Of Luna at Marble Factory in Bristol. 

Alcest play shoogazey post metal. All very atmospheric. 

Cult Of Luna is a wall of progressive metal, a super intense assault on the senses

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, markbunney said:

Off to see Funeral For A Friend on Sunday, who are doing a 20th anniversary show of Casually Dressed & Deep in conversation.

looking forward to it, but equally it is making me feel old as I bought the album when it was released 

One of my colleagues saw them last night in Nottingham, he loved it!

I’m seeing Vega on Saturday in London then Those Damn Crows on Tuesday. Both will be ace 😎

• Like 1

Was looking forward to seeing Messer Chups next month.

Surf guitar, trashy movie reels, Betty Page clone on bass even a theremin appearance was possible 🙂

Gig cancelled due to visa problems, they're a Russian band . P!$$ed off hardly describes it, been waiting years to see them 🤬

Double p!$$ed off since their US tour over the summer went ahead with no visa problems nor the current European one. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Surf guitar, trashy movie reels, Betty Page clone on bass even a theremin appearance was possible 🙂

Gig cancelled due to visa problems, they're a Russian band . P!$$ed off hardly describes it, been waiting years to see them 🤬

Double p!$$ed off since their US tour over the summer went ahead with no visa problems nor the current European one. 

Oh no!

I've been getting in to their stuff on YouTube. I love the old Fender spring reverb he has and of course I pay extra special attention to the bass playing 😇

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 21:52, Merton said:

One of my colleagues saw them last night in Nottingham, he loved it!

I’m seeing Vega on Saturday in London then Those Damn Crows on Tuesday. Both will be ace 😎

No longer seeing Vega tonight. Something going on with one of the band members. Hope it’s not as serious as it sounds from their message 😕

22 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Same here. Ordered tickets in January for the May gig in Corby that was then shunted to November and has now been cancelled altogether, got the news from Ticketmaster the other day. Not happy!

22 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Is that the reason? That was the excuse last time around. Their facebook page hadn't said anything about it the last time I looked.

4 hours ago, upside downer said:

Is that the reason? That was the excuse last time around. Their facebook page hadn't said anything about it the last time I looked.

Aye, the visa thing was mentioned on FB a few weeks back.

Thought about Corby but then they booked shows in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Being just half hour away from both cities it's 2 gigs I won't be seeing 🤬