Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

Tomorrow night we're going to see Airborne play our local, the Cheese And Grain in Frome.

It seems to be a regular thing for Airborne to play Frome as the warmup show for the European tour. This is at least their fourth show here. Always a very entertaining show.

43 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Very envious Steve, Airbourne are great, haven’t seen them in a while, think I’ll have to change that.

They're always amazingly entertaining. I'd recommend making the trip down here next year to see them in a small venue with excellent sound.

A mate of mine is stage manager at the venue and loves working with Airborne. They're the most professional band he works with, no egos, they love what they do and they come off stage absolutely exhausted. 

Disappointingly, most of their cabs are empty and just for show.

I remember the first time I saw them, lead singer/guitarist did a solo and whilst doing so walked to the bar & got himself a pint, got back to the stage, took a swig then tipped the rest over his head!

5 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

They're always amazingly entertaining. I'd recommend making the trip down here next year to see them in a small venue with excellent sound.

A mate of mine is stage manager at the venue and loves working with Airborne. They're the most professional band he works with, no egos, they love what they do and they come off stage absolutely exhausted. 

Disappointingly, most of their cabs are empty and just for show.

Their video does look like the Marshall factory packaging area......very ACDC esque, but with no egos...as you say

9 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I remember the first time I saw them, lead singer/guitarist did a solo and whilst doing so walked to the bar & got himself a pint, got back to the stage, took a swig then tipped the rest over his head!

That's pretty much standard for them. Sometimes he has a can and breaks it open on his head while playing a solo one handed. They also do a tribute to Lemmy which involves wheeling a bar on stage and pouring them each a very large Jack Daniels and coke. The audience gets a good soaking with beer at various points in the performance. 

Last years show was their first in two years. They made a few mistakes and got a bit emotional about being back on stage. 

• Like 1

Kiss tomorrow night at Birmingham Resorts World Arena (or the NEC for the rest of us). 

Going for old times sake - back in the day, Kiss and Iron Maiden were some of the first bands I ever really connected with and thought “wow i want to play in band too!”

My dilemma now is whether to wear face paint to the gig. It’s gotta be done right? Or will i look like a tool?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

Kiss tomorrow night at Birmingham Resorts World Arena (or the NEC for the rest of us). 

Going for old times sake - back in the day, Kiss and Iron Maiden were some of the first bands I ever really connected with and thought “wow i want to play in band too!”

My dilemma now is whether to wear face paint to the gig. It’s gotta be done right? Or will i look like a tool?

Do it! Plenty of others will..... :)

Immerse yourself in the fun of it, for old time's sake...

• Like 1

On 04/06/2023 at 23:23, bassbiscuits said:

On 05/06/2023 at 08:40, cetera said:

KISS tonight in Birmingham! 😝😎

On 05/06/2023 at 08:42, cetera said:

Do it! Plenty of others will..... :)

Immerse yourself in the fun of it, for old time's sake...

:useless:

On 08/06/2023 at 21:49, Richard R said:

Springsteen at Villa Park on Friday 16th.

:party:

A friend of mine had spare tickets at face value. 🥳

Sitting in a park outside Villa Park ahead of last night's  gig.
I had a conversation with a big black guy, obviously a local.
Him "Who's on the bill then?"
Me "Springsteen "
Him "Sh*t! Really? How did I not hear that?"
Me "You'll hear it"
Him "Sh*t! The one white dude I really want to see!!"  

Edited by Richard R
Edited as I realised that I had the date wrong on my first post
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Gwen Stefani (very good) and Pink (awesome - a revelation!) live at Hyde Park last weekend.

Going to see Def Leppard, Motley Crue & Mammoth this Saturday at Wembley Stadium, then KISS next Wednesday at the O2 Arena, Billy Joel, Darryl Hall, Rumer etc at Hyde Park next Friday and The Hollywood Vampires with support from Seether & The Tubes(!!) next Sunday at the O2 Arena :)

Edited by cetera