Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

2 hours ago, scalpy said:

My friend is in guitar for that tour. Did the last one too, the infrastructure for it sounds incredible.

Is that Chris Spedding? He’s doing the WOTW tour I believe, great player. 

19 minutes ago, casapete said:

Is that Chris Spedding? He’s doing the WOTW tour I believe, great player. 

Paul Bond- guy on the acousticaster last time round. Very interesting bloke, great player.

Thundercat last night 

He's clearly a very talented bloke but its a mad old combo of out there jazz madness meets super smooth dreamy soul/rnb type thing 

What is for sure it you get world class playing from  drums and keys and bass  and it sounded superb

Best live bass mix i've heard and i've seen Geddy,claypool,levin .karn   etc 

Edited by jazzmanb

Pulp in may...in Amsterdam. It's one of my wife's bucket list gigs, and I've never been to Amsterdam, so it'll be a long weekend. Plus, an old college friend happens to be their new bassist 😎 #namedrop 😅

Then Janes Addiction later in the year. Can't remember when...

We're just back from seeing "Texas Fever Tick" - a mix of various Americana music. They made a great sound - both were singing, the guitarist was doing Carter family picking to give something approximating bass, while the banjo player was also playing kick drum.

IMG_0418.jpeg

3 hours ago, nosnowking said:

Pulp in may...in Amsterdam. It's one of my wife's bucket list gigs, and I've never been to Amsterdam, so it'll be a long weekend. Plus, an old college friend happens to be their new bassist 😎 #namedrop 😅

Then Janes Addiction later in the year. Can't remember when...

Would love to see Jane's Addiction,  there's a fair likelihood they can't remember when either...

• Haha 2

On 30/03/2024 at 09:25, jazzmanb said:

Thundercat last night 

He's clearly a very talented bloke but its a mad old combo of out there jazz madness meets super smooth dreamy soul/rnb type thing 

What is for sure it you get world class playing from  drums and keys and bass  and it sounded superb

Best live bass mix i've heard and i've seen Geddy,claypool,levin .karn   etc 

Me too, saw him in Wolverhampton last night. Agree with your description. Pleased to see place was packed. He's an incredible talent. Didn't have a clue what he was on about in the chat between songs though 😂

On Saturday I’m going to see ‘Band of Friends’ featuring Gerry McAvoy on bass. 
Saw him with Rory Gallagher in the mid 70’s, so hope it will be an interesting evening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, casapete said:

On Saturday I’m going to see ‘Band of Friends’ featuring Gerry McAvoy on bass. 
Saw him with Rory Gallagher in the mid 70’s, so hope it will be an interesting evening. 

Seen them twice, my partner said the first was the best gig she's seen, and she's seen more gigs than most people.

Just got back from seeing Track Dogs, very entertaining. Bassist had a very battered Fender Jazz with the TV logo so probably 70’s, in gold finish which was turning green.  Anyone know if this is a common occurrence with metallic gold finishes?