Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

5 hours ago, Prosebass said:

Jungle, Bristol Sat 25th June. 

Sound quality superb, Jungle amazing, crowd up for it, danced my socks off for 90 minutes which ain't bad for a 60 year old with arthritic knees. 

Seriously, best gig I have been to, and I have been to a few. 

Doh! That was on my to do list to get tickets for. Totally slipped my mind. Glad you enjoyed it.

Rival Sons / Dirty Honey at KentishTown Forum. Mentioned by others from previous dates on this tour, just an incredible pair of rock bands who, for me, strike the perfect balance of the 70's vibe with modern, well written songs. Also helps to have two of the better male rock vocalists I've ever heard in my 40 years watching bands.

The sound was , refreshingly, a master,class in mixing a rock band, you could hear the bass, the bass drum kicked but didn't swamp, and the vocals were clear above the guitar which didn't drown out everything. Top job .

• Like 1

I was hoping to contribute to this thread in November about Kansas but they've just finally cancelled their 2022 European dates having postponed them twice since initially getting the tickets in 2020. What makes it worse of course is you only get face value refund and the extra add-ons (non negotiable) were particularly steep so no thanks to Gigantic you greedy gits.

• Sad 1

On 07/07/2022 at 15:34, KevB said:

What makes it worse of course is you only get face value refund and the extra add-ons (non negotiable) were particularly steep so no thanks to Gigantic you greedy gits.

That sounds wrong, what are the add-ons you aren’t getting refunded for?

On 07/07/2022 at 15:34, KevB said:

the extra add-ons (non negotiable) were particularly steep

I had the same from See Tickets for the cancelled Primus gig. What was particularly galling was the fact they wouldn't even refund the £4.80 cancellation insurance! The add-ons worked out around 25%, there weren't even printed tickets!

• Sad 1

I watched The Chats and Idles last night. 

Chats were very entertaining and played their setlist rapid fire with Aussie Punk attitude. 

Idles were on fire and Joe Talbot had the crowd eating out of his hand. 

My only issue was the amount of crowd surfing making it difficult to enjoy being at the font - I was kicked in the side of the head and my eye. 

• Like 1

Got back late last night from Ely folk festival.

It's a 3 day fest, but my mum and dad got a day ticket for Saturday, so they hung with us most of the day, which was an added bonus.

Loads of great acts, from a wide definition of folk... here's a couple of highlights (from youtube, not this actual festival)

Holy Moly & The Crackers - absolutly fantastic, loads of people dancing down the front (including me of course!)

Sam Kelly and the Lost Boys..... great band and did an amazing covers of Sultans of Swing and The Chain :

I had a double-header this week and saw The Delines at The Fleece in Bristol on Tuesday. As has been my experience every time I've been there, the sound was spot on and the whole evening was sublime. I also felt very young too, given the majority of the audience!

Last night I was fortunate enough to see Nile Rogers playing Bristol Harbourside. The band were on top form and it was an amazing gig, although Jerry Barnes' bass was very boomy. He was quite understated last night too compared to other times I've seen him play on TV. I preferred it and he's some player. 

FC70CB71-724C-43B7-A68D-94BC46A0845A.jpeg

Marcus Miller last night.

Brilliant as usual.   Reminds me that there's so much more to being a great player than just technique.  He's actually producing numbers whilst playing them. All those little nods and winks to drop a solo in on keys or trumpet,  changes in the groove and whole atmosphere of the number is being decided as he's playing. Top band with Anwar Marshall on drums, what a drummer.

All in all, great gig apart from not being fantastic value for money. No reflection on MM, but £100 for 65 mins?  I don't care what's on your C.V. No-one is worth that. But, I guess Ronnie's only holding a tiny audience means a high ticket price.

Crikey that's steep, even for Ronnie's.

Although having said that I usually go for the restricted view seats because they're not that restricted. but having said that, they've also reduced the footprint of seats in the restricted view area. Because I can suddenly see around pillars a lot better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leschirons said:

All in all, great gig apart from not being fantastic value for money. No reflection on MM, but £100 for 65 mins?  I don't care what's on your C.V. No-one is worth that. But, I guess Ronnie's only holding a tiny audience means a high ticket price.

Think I've said this before, but I'd happily pay more to see my favourite artists in a small venue. 

The notion of paying similar ticket prices to see people on a video screen from the back of a 

stadium somewhere is just crazy IMO. If only people didn't allow themselves to be ripped off

like this then the situation would soon change. 

Was hoping to see Springsteen next year but checking the prices this morning when they went

on sale I'll definitely be giving it a miss. Seen him a few times in smaller venues than football

grounds so will hold on to those memories.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, casapete said:

Think I've said this before, but I'd happily pay more to see my favourite artists in a small venue. 

Me too - I am not really bothered about seeing someone in a stadium unless it is a show. I mean, like pink floyd back when they had the big screen and flying pigs and lights shows, that was fine, because lets face it, who wanted to actually 'see' the people themselves, but in general, can't be bothered with that.

• Like 1

8th July 2002 I  saw Pearl Jam at Hyde Park. Have to confess to not being a die hard fan after the first two albums but the gig was bloody brilliant, excellent guitarists, and of course…the ‘Jeremy’ moment 😉
8E820E64-AC87-400E-A00A-16DCA3293CAA.thumb.jpeg.a2177e70ecff9702a4c4b29107fd3142.jpeg

On 21/07/2022 at 17:00, Woodinblack said:

Me too - I am not really bothered about seeing someone in a stadium unless it is a show. I mean, like pink floyd back when they had the big screen and flying pigs and lights shows, that was fine, because lets face it, who wanted to actually 'see' the people themselves, but in general, can't be bothered with that.

I thought the same till I saw Elvis Costello at the Liverpool philharmonic , and they right royally messed the sound , and then tonight..

car fest , in a field off the A41 , Simon Fowler (Ocean colour Scene) fantastic , just beautiful, seasick steve, brilliant 

and taking me by surprise , Mcfly , jeez these guys were having fun and sounding incredible.

a good evening all round 👍

Disco in the Park Chorley Lancashire on Saturday. My brothers event and featured DJs Jaegerossa (my brother) Michael M - The Murphy Brothers - Mark Brickman - Copyright - YamWho? - Suki - Melvo Baptiste and Odyssey (remember them) with a full band. Absolutely brilliant day. 

I got roped into being photographer for the event. 

Disco in the Park 2022 (37 of 37).jpg

Disco in the Park 2022 (6 of 37).jpg

Disco in the Park 2022 (7 of 37).jpg

Disco in the Park 2022 (9 of 37).jpg

Disco in the Park 2022 (10 of 37).jpg

Disco in the Park 2022 (20 of 37).jpg

At Blue Dot fest over the weekend. At long bluddy last as it has didnt run in 20 ans 21. Music wise I was there mainly for Groove Armada but happened across several acts I'd previously never heard of but am very glad I got to see. Particularly liked Manchester experimental post punk electronica type combo Mandy, Indiana and Soweto-based Bantu Continua Uhuru Consciousness who were a blast.

• Like 1

Ooh, I didn’t catch either of those, will have to put them on the list to look out for. I saw Kojey Radical, Lonelady (brilliant as expected), Mewn and Warmduscher (didn’t know what to expect, both good), Metronomy, Henge (inevitably), Anna Meredith, and Björk who was spectacular although apparently people who didn’t get a good spot up front didn’t have such a great experience. Managed to miss Squarepusher and ACR, booo. Surprise random discovery though was Grove who raps over drum’n’bass beats with huge energy, a pure punk attitude and not very much on 👀