Why become a member? ×

Bass Merchant Closing Down Sale

bassmerchant

Hi All

It is with regret and a tinge of sadness that i am announcing the closure of the Bass Merchant in Colchester due to a combination of economic factors and a change in circumstances for both Chris and myself .

I would like to thank all of you who have been customers over the last 5 years ,many of whom have become regular visitors and friends .

We will be open until the 30th of November and will be selling off all our remaining stock so if you fancy a bargain please give us a call or pop by for a coffee.

All the Best

Darren
The Bass Merchant

Darren, honestly saddened to read this news. Bass Merchant has been heralded by the UK Bass playing community as one of the best, indeed elite of shops for basses, gear and excellent customer service. I'd like to wish you and Chris all the best for the future and hope that we stay in touch. Thank you for your support and giving the Bass community what it really needed!

My favourite shop by a country mile!!!

I have bought quite a bit of stuff from you (Genz Benz rig, G30 wireless etc.), and always enjoyed being in your store, drooling over
the many wonderful basses you had there.

It just seems such a shame that two fella's like yourselves, who know how to treat customers properly, are packing it in,
when certain shops in a well-known street in London, are still going strong, despite the fact that the people who work in them,
have absolutely no customer skills whatsoever.

Anyway, best of luck to both of you in the future.

Regards
Brian

Absolutey gutted to hear that Darren and Chris - as you know I have spent thousands of my hardearned pounds with you, in the knowledge that you always offer the best deal and a hassle free experience.

Sorry to hear this - a real loss to Bass players in the UK. :)

That's real shame.
Bought my little 'Rumble' practice amp from you when I re-started playing in August. The last one you had in store...it was put aside for me without mention of a deposit too.

Had it not been for your web site I may not have got the itch again either!

I wish you both the best for the future.

Edited by Yoda