Why become a member? ×

Bass Merchant Closing Down Sale

bassmerchant

many thanks to you all for all your support over the years, the last thing we wanted was to have to close, we will miss all our great customers many of you have become good friends as well. it is a sad time for us, i do not have words to express how we feel. once again many thanks for your support.
chris

Real shame to read this. Also enjoyed having a nose around, chatting with Darren as well as buying my MB Combo, Fender Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 9 recently.

I currently have something on order which Angus was told would only be a couple of weeks. Does this put this purchase into doubt?

I was really gutted to hear this. Before going to the Bass Merchant I had a really negative view of music shops. Although I wasn't a regular customer, whenever I went there it was a real joy.

Best of luck for the future guys.

Sad news.

Bought my first real 5 string (hey, that'd make a great first line for a song...hmmm?!) from you and it has got me hooked. Always good, unbiased, friendly advice when we spoke.

I'll come to see 'No More Heroes' as soon as our gigs aren't clashing, Chris.

See you on Facebook mate.

DD

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1320408804' post='1426409']
Darren, honestly saddened to read this news. Bass Merchant has been heralded by the UK Bass playing community as one of the best, indeed elite of shops for basses, gear and excellent customer service. I'd like to wish you and Chris all the best for the future and hope that we stay in touch. Thank you for your support and giving the Bass community what it really needed!
[/quote]
What he said.
Always a pleasure to deal with.

This is sad news. Earlier on this year I was looking for a 410, and the help and assistance provided by these guys was second to none, all of which was conducted over the phone.

Colchester isn`t too far from me, so I think I`m going to take a trip next weekend - have a good look at the shop, and a chat with the guys.

Gutted, I've bought a whole bunch of stuff from Bass Merchant, both really quite pricey (Aguilar, TC & GK rig) & mundane (strings etc).
As they were conveniently placed on the A12 i'd often pop in on the way up from my house to see my family in Ipswich.

Seeing Stu Hamm play at the Bass Merchant was a lifetime highlight.
It's a real shame to see you guys close, I always enjoyed popping in and your positive attitude was second to none.
Good luck in all you do in the future, i'm sure we'll all see you again soon.