Jump to content
Left leaderboard


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


GarethFlatlands last won the day on April 5 2019

GarethFlatlands had the most liked content!

Total Watts

63 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It was a child of the 80's take on the 70's, and I don't think I did a great job in terms of playing on that video so don't be too hard on yourself!
  2. People above have already got them all, but here's the complete list. Beatles - Let It Be, Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?, Bowie - Suffragette City, Pink Floyd - Money, Herbie Hancock - Bring Down the Birds, Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe, Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop, Iggy Pop - Lust for Life, Blondie - Heart of Glass and The Clash - Guns of Brixton!
  3. Thanks, my slap playing is bad (hence not bothering with the few notes of it on 1982), but the obvious song from that album kind of needs it. There wasn't really of a question of picking something from any other album for me so I went with that line as it's so fun to play.
  4. Did anyone get 1986? I'm worried I may have dived too deep from that album for that one!
  5. Following on from last weeks 1970's quiz, here's one for the 1980's. Same format, one line per year. The playing should be better as I didn't attempt it all in one take this time, but the volume dips for 1982 for some reason. And I got my fretless back from the practice room, so that gets a few lines. Answers at the end this time. Hope you enjoy it!
  6. We have a full house! I hope it killed some time and mildly entertained people. I'm working on an 80's one and a Bowie one which I'll post when they're done.
  7. It's a new-wave band, but not Talking Heads. It is, and not "Chameleon" as I originally thought which puts me out by 8 years
  8. I got bored so I did a bass line quiz for my Facebook friends and I thought the good people of Basschat might enjoy it. One line from each year 1970 to 1979, a range of genres and plenty of minor flubs! I'm pretty sure I got 1973 and 1974 the wrong way round and the click for 1979 came in at the wrong tempo but I just went with it. It's a "how many do you recognise" type thing.
  9. It was one of the first songs I learnt when I made my fretless, as well as several other Pino songs. Fantastic player.
  10. He's said he lifted it from Stravinsky in this video Pino talks the intro the 'Wherever I Lay My Hat'
  11. Ugh, so I need wood to build a couple of jigs but can't get any now for obvious reasons. So the build isn't dead for good, it's just resting.
  12. Thanks, I think I'm going to build a simple jig as per this video. Looks pretty straightforward and should keep the cuts super straight. Straight Line Router Jig
  13. Looking forward to the truss rod routing as that's where I hit a big of a snag on my neck build. The guide that came with my cheap (but good) router is a little flimsy and there was a bit of wander when I had a quick bash at it the other day.
  14. Good to know, it was just one bit when I did the Shuker course last year but I wasn't sure if I was doing it right or bodging it. Anything that works I guess.
  15. I've left instructions with the cat. If someone called Mr Wilson gives you any bad news, that's him.
  • Create New...