Why become a member? ×

Utterly gutted, quit the band last night

Clarky

Really sorry to hear this Clarky. I understand how you must be feeling, as went through this myself last year, at about the same time, when The Daves split (though I instigated the reform late last year).

I didn`t do anything for a couple of months, then depped for a band. I made it quite clear I would only stand in, and it was a fun way to stay playing, but knowing all the inter-band politics wouldn`t affect me, as it was only temporary.

So that may be a way to keep your hand in, and keep the enjoyment of playing. Whichever, good luck mate.

Very sorry to hear this but unfortunately it happens. I know you've invested a lot of time in amassing the correct gear for the Bones gig but it's all knowledge and experience. Over the past couple of years I've been involved in several attempted start-ups which were never going to work and also rejoined a former band but after 3 rehearsals I found out that all the bad things that made me want to leave still existed and it was time to walk. Then up pops a great opportunity and I'm back with a regular band again. Have a break and eventually something is bound to come up that will be just what you want.

These things generally have festered and built up over a period of time and then one thing breaks the whole thing.

I wouldn't do anything rashly..and would always sleep on it when dealing with idiots...or rather someone with a different agenda.
Must remember that myself

All the best.

So, Rattlin' Bone need a new DB player..........?

Mate, as said above, another notch on the bedpost of life. I think bands are like most relationships, they have a finite period of being enjoyable and productive, and often the worst thing to do is to persist beyond that period. You will have learned a huge amount during the last two years, and that will mean that your next project will be all the better for it. Voodoo Punk anyone?

Anyway, gotta go, gotta call a guy about a DB gig :D

That's a really pity - I was really enjoying the Rattlin Bone CD.

It's always the worst when the music is good, but the other bit's aren't...

My advice would be to start looking straight away but be selective about who you contact and audition for. Don't join the next band that come along just so your in a band but conversely if you find the perfect band tomorrow don't turn the down because you think you ought to take a break.

Sorry to hear it Clarky, I would guess as being one of the well liked characters on here, you are probably that in the real world.
Add that to DB, EB skills and gigging experience, you won't be out of it for long.
You will obviously be an asset to many bands.
Everyone is giving advice and support, but for me, speak to contacts, do some dep work, keep an eye out for what is happening and choose what you want to do, when you want to do it.
You'll be fine dood!!

That's bad news, as you were obviously really enjoying playing with them.

Still, that's the nature of bands for you - a few hours fun when you're actually playing but 10 times as much bullshit when you're not.

I just had an offer to join a band that in theory would be right up my street but I just know it won't work out like that so I'm not even going to waste time trying.

Good luck with finding something else soon (if that's what you choose to do).

Edited by RhysP

Massively sorry to hear about this. What is it about bands that politics always seems to rear its ugly head and really good bands and inidividuals have to suffer. One things is for sure Clarky and that is that you will get another band when you're good and ready to get back into it.

Greatly saddened to hear this, Clarky. I know just how you feel, mate! Don't be too hard on yourself - the next band you get involved with will have the great good fortune to enjoy the skill, dedication and professionalism of a committed, top-notch, fully-experienced bass player [i]par excellence[/i]...

The Chinese cryptogram for 'crisis' is composed of two characters: one meaning 'danger' and the other, 'opportunity'... :D

Enjoy the extra time with your family mate, don't sweat it too much. Things have a way of working themselves out! ;)

Blimey Clarky, really gutted for you. I thought this was a great gig and at the time thought you were onto something really good that could go far. Really sorry it has come to this.

Personally, I would take a few weeks out to re-charge and then start looking. Don't sit around pondering, life's too short so get out there and play.

Downturn of biblical proportions :(

As so many others here have observed, opportunities now lie before you which would otherwise have remained unrealised.

Easy to say, I know, but you're the sort of chap most people would be delighted to have in their beat combos. Talented, hardworking, loyal, quality gear and a tight, sexy little tush to draw the female punters in.

Per ardua, etc.

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar