Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

• 4 weeks later...

Going to see The Undertones in Gothenburg on Saturday, supported by Hugh Cornwell and Band.

I've seen the Stranglers a couple of times since Hugh left, but his is the first time to see Hugh solo.

More importantly than the music I'll be visiting my brother (also going to the gig) and his family for the weekend 🙂 .

(OK, I might have lied about something being more important than music 😉)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Going to see Moving Pictures (Rush tribute) at The Craufurd Arms, Wolverton on June 9th. Never saw Rush so will be nice to see a tribute.

I dare not listen to Rush as I fear locking myself away listening to all the albums and trying to work out all the bass lines. 

2 hours ago, Skinny said:

I dare not listen to Rush as I fear locking myself away listening to all the albums and trying to work out all the bass lines. 

I hope my awareness of my own limitations stops this happening to me.

I really do……

Looking back, not forward, just returned from Northern Kin which was hit by a lot of mud (not much rain though, at least except for overnight).

Some exceptional bands, Hawkwind (who played an epic set with many older gems and had an eye-wateringly good lightshow) and then Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons (who must have surprised themselves with how good their own material is, they used to only play Motorhead at festivals, for this just a handful of crowd pleasers) were the standouts. Also brilliant were Reef (great to see Jack Bessant fully recovered) and the Sweet who said they would finish at 8, so they didn't overlap with Jethro Tull, but they got such a huge reception they ended up doing their full set to a huge and rapturous audience, most of who fled towards Tull's big top afterwards. Ian Anderson must have been wondering why he had only half a tentful to start!

Other excellent acts included Tom Robinson and Wishbone Ash (Andy Powell version, layed lots of Argus 😁 ), but we didn't catch everyone we wanted to see as there was once cancellation at the beginning (The Stumble) and we were off-site and arrived later on days 2 and 3 (so missed the Groundhogs  😭). Lots of other bands worthy of a mention, but I won't name check them all, musicianship was great even for bands whose music I am not hugely into. Only saw a bit of Lindisfarne and regretted no seeing more, for example.

Some pics  (no Hawkwind yet as downloading from my phone).

1682769944754.thumb.jpg.26ce895397916e1f799849103c069204.jpg

(That's us in there!)

20230429_205217.thumb.jpg.ea1d9ab0563c946609e64c2c9629e37c.jpg

20230430_191817.thumb.jpg.d3c6ee0361dd4579a8dc94928c9520eb.jpg

20230430_193411.thumb.jpg.d9a1e60da23909ee412a2ddb56de5cad.jpg

20230430_205346.thumb.jpg.4790c3a799a86e6e3f38bc4e2f85bcb4.jpg

On 28/04/2023 at 23:32, markbunney said:

Duran duran at the O2 on Tuesday.

Hoping that JT has the Rio Dream bass

Duran Duran put on a brilliant show tonight.

John Taylor had a nice selection of Dingwalls which all sounded amazing.

It was good to see and hear the Rio Dream bass in person, and now I wish I had ordered one 😭

4CA80379-06B6-44FF-B783-AD5D96D3F44A.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Geek99 said:

I haven’t been to a gig in so long I can’t remember:(

it may have been hayseed Dixie 

kids …

Same here, I really couldn't hazard a guess now... when I was last doing gigs on a regular basis, the other bands on the bill were pretty much all I saw out there in the wild as it were.. 

Ned’s Atomic Dustbin at The Crossing in Brum tonight. Never been a massive fan, but two bassists so why not.

Then seeing Boris (the band, not the lying philanderer) tomorrow at Settle Victoria Hall of all places. A nice band road trip with my drummist.

Edited by mr4stringz