Why become a member? ×

How did you discover Basschat?

ped

I can't see how i can vote on my particular case...

I was/am part of a music forum here in Portugal and heard from basschat from a lot of guys over there (friends that i know personnaly and others i've got to know on bass bashes and gigs). I ended joining BC when i found here my current Yamaha TRB5PII for sale at a unbelievable price (in those days the poud/euro rates were good for buying from UK).

Never left ever since :)

At the time, I was looking for a new cabinet and spotted someone selling a Markbass 610 on eBay. I spoke to him and he recommended this place!

His name is Shep (onbass), so you can blame him!! :D

Edited by Conan

Was just looking on t`internet about basses in general, saw Basschat, and just kept reading posts on here. Then, when I wanted to sell a bass, I though, what better place to sell one, so joined up. With the intention of selling 1 bass.

Not with the intention of buying/selling numerous basses/amps/cabs.

Mission, not accomplished, but what better hobby could I have?

I had just started learning bass and was all keen and eager. So I thought I would try to find a forum to lurk around in, and just soak up as much useful info as I could. So that's exactly what I did to begin with.
But before long I started making knob jokes with discreet, and then it all went downhill ... :lol: :unsure:

Edited to say:
I can remember the exact thread that started my downward spiral. It was discreet's 'chalfonts' thread.
I am so susceptible to a bad influence! :lol:

Edited by seashell

I had a Electro Acoustic which had kept me ticking over for many years but when my partner died I decided to start playing more again. The Tanglewood got boring & I hankered after a Fender Precision, giving myself a budget of about £800 to include a practice amp better than my Peavey with 8" speaker. I started searching for 2nd hand Fender P's & found BC!
Then I got gas :gas: - saw a Skjold Exotic Custom being sold here & couldn't resist. The Skjold has faily recently moved on & now I have 4 Fender Precisions, 3 Fender Jazzes, (1 of is fretless) & 'a few others in the house' ;) .
Still getting GAS but not so bad as it used to be :rolleyes:

I had started playing and wanted to find somewhere to get help and advice. So I googled some questions I had and found Basschat had the answers.

Then started hanging out in Off Topic and made some friends, and now I'm on here everyday.....

My Name is Debs and I'm a basschatoholic :P

I was looking for a second Markbass 604 cab , and Squibs for sale thread popped up in a google search .

After seeing the Bass's on the settee thread , it was great to know there were other like minded folk who spent all their cash on guitars and amps .

The " show us your rig " thread is great too.

I hadn't touched my old bass for years. My mate Dave started collecting guitars and one weekend I accompanied him to Dawsons in Liverpool. That Stagg EUB on the wall really caught my eye! I searched the internet to find out more about it, and discovered TB and BC. After a couple of weeks I didn't visit TB any more, and I didn't really want a Stagg EUB anymore either. I did buy a new bass though. And another. And ...

Mid-life crises, kids - they're great!

I've been here since the very early days of Bassworld 1.0 long before the infamous Gerald or whatever his name was gave up caring about what is now a huge, thriving community full of superb, friendly people. i've been here ever since! Ten, fifteen years or so?

S'funny. I always assumed that - like myself - a fair proportion of people might have signed up to sell gear.

5% (at 00:43 - 14/06) is an encouragingly tiny number in view of the recently-introduced seller's fee. One ([i]slightly [/i]dodgy) conclusion that might be drawn is that buying (at 12%) is more important to BC-ers than selling. Good news for advertisers / affiliates ;)