Why become a member? ×

What's the 'bass of the moment' for you?

OutToPlayJazz

I'd got it figured. I knew I wanted a jazz. I knew I couldn't afford an America standard. I was going to buy a Squire Classic Vibe jazz.....

....BUT....

I went into a music store in lincoln yesterday and played a Fender America Standard Precision. It was lovely.

Now I'm all confused. I want a Precision and a Jazz! and I tried the Squire CV Precision and it just didn't match up to the Fender.

Back to square one. :)

Would love to get my hands on any of these:
An Old Gretsch bass,

A 62 RI Precision, Fiesta Red or Oly White,

76-78 Fender Precision Black maple neck.

Same as above but in OLY white,

Fender Jag in HR Red,

Dean Stylist Cabbie

Gibson RD Artist, Black or Sunburst,

Gibson Victory Atrist, Red

Warwick Chrome Tone

Warwick Vampyre-dont care which one!

Any decent Ricenfaker

For me the "bass of the moment" has to be the retro musicman stingray in sea foam green, im quite taken with it, justlovely i will have one one day!!! im also very interested in the dingwalls featured in Bass guitar magazine with the fanned frets (the cocobolo one in bass direct is especially nice) and my current GAS list includes a Marcus Miller jazz and a fretless NT warwick thumb 5- never bloody happy :)
PS im still loving my new Ken smith too!!!

Edited by lee650

The USA Vintage 75 Reissue Jazz Bass Factory Special Run in Lake Placid Blue with matching headstock I have just bought from a basschatter in Italy.
Photos as of Monday or Tuesday.
Other than that, search 'my two p's' thread, they are both my badboys of choice.

[quote name='ped' post='641579' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:08 AM']I think I have only ever played one OW bass and that was a long time ago... actually no I played a 36" fretless recently... lovely craftsmanship.

ped[/quote]

The quality and attention to detail is superb - I'm afraid my photography doesn't do her justice...

• 1 month later...