Why become a member? ×

What's the 'bass of the moment' for you?

OutToPlayJazz

As of today, an Oly White '75 Jazz RI.

Just like this one... :wub:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=64207&view=findpost&p=633926"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=633926[/url]

[i]Edited less than 10 minutes later to add...[/i]

Or maybe an Oly White Jaguar a la Barry Adamson. :)

I'm so fickle... :rolleyes:

Edited by tony_m

[quote name='tony_m' post='635607' date='Oct 24 2009, 08:49 PM']As of today, an Oly White '75 Jazz RI.

Just like this one... :wub:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=64207&view=findpost&p=633926"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=633926[/url]

[i]Edited less than 10 minutes later to add...[/i]

Or maybe an Oly White Jaguar a la Barry Adamson. :)

I'm so fickle... :rolleyes:[/quote]

All basses look great in Oly white! I'm pretty much GAS free after this weeks spending, but I'd love a Jetglo Ric, Shuker JJB or battered 60's P bass (like the one I've been whining on to FunkMunky to sell me for the last couple of months!).

In no particular order........

Fender '75 reissue Jazz
Rickenbacker 4004LK
Warwick Buzzard
Warwick Starfire semi
Lakland Decade

Don't think I will ever be lucky enough to own the 4004LK though.......I think there was only 60 of them ever built, and is probably the only bass I would trade my 4001 for :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='635594' date='Oct 24 2009, 08:38 PM']USA Fender Precision 62 Reissue - white....POSSIBLY sunburst.

USA Fender Jazz 75 Reissue - I want it in a colour other than natural, even though I quite like natural!

Next year....I'm going to try and get them.[/quote]

I have the Fender MIA Jazz 75 Re-issue and it is amazing. It's my number 1 bass and it feels like I have played it all my life despite only owning it for a couple of months. It is so easy and natural to play. I love it.

As for GAS, well a Warwick Streamer in maple with a bolt on neck. Something like a Jazzman. No idea if I will like them and probably hate it but just got GAS for one.

I quite fancy a Status S2 5-string with side LEDs or perhaps a Streamline 5. I'm keeping an eye out but there is nothing around at the moment.

Also would like to try a Sandberg PM5. It might just be what I need.

[quote name='obbm' post='635658' date='Oct 24 2009, 09:53 PM']I quite fancy a Status S2 5-string with side LEDs or perhaps a Streamline 5. I'm keeping an eye out but there is nothing around at the moment.

Also would like to try a Sandberg PM5. It might just be what I need.[/quote]

Make sure you try the PM Supreme model. I keep coming back to them. Lovely to play and they sound amazing. The perfect mix of classic and modern. :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='635591' date='Oct 24 2009, 08:34 PM']So, come on... It's not only what you're GAS-ing for, but what do you think is the uber-cool must have bass of the moment?

For me, it's the Fiesta Red Roadworn Jazz. I don't like the idea of new relics, but there's just something about these...

[/quote]

Thats one of the boys!!

My current list of wanties is:

1. One of these:

Ian has just built another new prototype bass like this; he finished it yesterday and I gigged it last nite - it was incredible - imagine a cross between an Alembic, a GB, Status and Wal - tons of bottom end but with a clear transparent top end and enough mids to lay down a really heavyweight yet articulate tone; this could well be it as a new working bass for me! We've already picked out some woods for my custom build but I might have the prototype as well, its that good! (ps I am no longer an official partner in E Basses, this is not an advert!).

2. Vigier Arpege Delta Metal fretless - if all goes well I'm getting one next week. Best fretless I've played.

3. cd david's (Dave Anderson's) 6 string Overwater - no one else buy this otherwise I will make you eat ya shoe.

4. Wal Custom - really miss my old Wals!

5. StingRay V - be nice to have one!

Thats it!

Nick

Im always thinking about a new Sadowsky! but you knew i was gonna say that right???

Whats really getting my going at the moment is one of these fancy Wood&Tronics basses

[attachment=35088:ErgonWholetop1200.jpg]

[attachment=35089:ErgonWholeback1200.jpg]

So, so nice to look at!! i'd love to try one!

:)

Edited by CHRISDABASS

This is the bass of the moment for me right now:

I acquired it in early August. I already had an Ibanez 5er, and I assumed that this would be better as it is a higher model. I was right. I have changed strings, polished the frets, changed pickups to EMGs, put in an EMG preamp and now everything is about as good as can be.

If I had magical powers, I'd change the routes so the EMGs fit perfectly and make the 3 band EQ on 3 knobs. Ah, happy days!