Why become a member? ×

What's the 'bass of the moment' for you?

OutToPlayJazz

[attachment=35090:Image0087.jpg]

Recently completed 2007 fretless Ric that I built from parts. Pure retro thump and power. Fattest neck I've ever played but somehow really fast and comfortable. Original Ric strings are a revelation. There's a thread here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63678&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63678&hl=[/url]

Chris

[quote name='Clarky' post='635895' date='Oct 25 2009, 10:05 AM']With respect to a Global Mod, thats just weird! Even doctor_of_the_bass with his 66 basses still has GAS :)[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Well I guess if you push me, I would like the waiting list to be waaay shorter for HG Thor for one of my necks.... but otherwise I have 4 PRSs and while they all have subtle differences they fulfill my opinion of perfection.

I 'kinda' want a Steinberger CR4M EUB, but will at some point in the future do that for sure...... so you see I'm quite blissfully happy.

This is what i have gas for!!!
I wanted to buy captain rumbles pro1 but immediate cash is a problem so i spoke to paul herman on friday about ordering a fretless wal sixer,
It will take around 10 months to build so that would give me enough time to pay for it, I'm thinking of placing the order tomorrow :)

Edited by littleal

[quote name='Musicman20' post='635594' date='Oct 24 2009, 07:38 PM']USA Fender Jazz 75 Reissue - I want it in a colour other than natural, even though I quite like natural!

Next year....I'm going to try and get them.[/quote]

+1 to both parts, except mine has to be natural w/ maple+black blocks.

I'd really like to try one of the medium scale 32" jazz basses Fender Japan currently make.

Apart from my first bass, a Hohner Jack, I've never been able to get along with 34", long scale instruments.

I don't really enjoy handling a large one. (F'narr).

Edited by Digestive10

For me, I'm going through a "must buy Jazz bass" phase. Not sure if it will last or if I will like it, but I've been looking at the Squire Classic Vibe.

BUT I happened to call in to a shop in lincoln that had an MIA S1 in sunburst with Tort scratchplate (I'm guessing an American Standard?) WOW it played beautifully.

Also like the look of the new Squier James Johnston singaure model. I think it's meant to be the same spec as the classic vibe but in lake placid blue.

For me it would have to be an Overwater Progress. I just picked one up and its is unbelievable in every way, so I would love one like my new one below, but I would love a a buckeye burl top with a really stunning birdseye maple fretboard onmy next one.
[attachment=35192:IMG_2483_1.JPG]

Is there an option for [b][i]All Of The Above[/i][/b]?

Some lovely basses up there on this thread but I've been going through an astonishing 3-year GAS-fest which is now coming nicely under control.

My 'bass of the moment' is my most recent acquisition, a Fender Roscoe Beck V which I bought from Nathan (NJE). Instead of looking for more basses to buy, I'm concentrating on getting to know this bass better than any other I've had.

All of which said, I'm still on the look-out for an early-70's Fender Jazz in 3TS, maple board, 4-bolt neck, thumb-rest, all-original, OHSC, laughably cheap. If you've got one, just PM me.

I haven't bought or lusted after a bass in a serious way for years. As it was my fretted basses 21st bday the other week I treated her to an electronics overhaul and now it is just completely my bass of the moment, and will be forever!

P.s Nick - I know you would get that Arpege! Will be a great group photo with both our matching pairs, we should meet up sometime and get some snaps and you can show me how to play the things

[quote name='silddx' post='636838' date='Oct 26 2009, 12:44 PM']I'm in great need of one of these. I actually NEED one, can you believe that? They aren't expensive but I can not find one for sale anywhere.[/quote]
Nigel on stage, 2010 :)

[attachment=35193:Cheap_Tr...t_guitar.jpg]