Why become a member? ×

What's the 'bass of the moment' for you?

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Metal-Mariachi' post='637140' date='Oct 26 2009, 06:14 PM']Well this arrived Saturday.

[attachment=35207:Jag2.jpg]
[attachment=35208:Jag1.jpg]

The bursts weren’t available in the U.S. until recently, only hot rod red and boring black.

Now waiting for my TI Jazz flats and Hipshot A bridge to arrive, and maybe (probably) a pickup upgrade too.

MM[/quote]
Very nice! I like to know the secret of getting it inside that case :)

I would like one of these, a Warwick Streamer,

However, I doubt I could afford it so I may put this on my list, a Warwick Corvette,

However, I probably won't like it if I get one but I think they look nice and I won't be able to kill the GAS until I get one :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='637190' date='Oct 26 2009, 06:55 PM']I would like one of these, a Warwick Streamer,

However, I doubt I could afford it so I may put this on my list, a Warwick Corvette,

However, I probably won't like it if I get one but I think they look nice and I won't be able to kill the GAS until I get one :)[/quote]
Believe me, you will almost certainly like the 'vette STD. My personal feeling is they look much nicer than the Streamer. Don't let them skinny little pups fool you either, they can cause earthquakes and flappy trousers. They can out-thump a Precision with the right set up. My new 2009 active 'vette STD fretless in honey stain was £671 on Thomann which is a very good price, plain waxed unstained body should be even cheaper. The ebony fingerboard on mine is particularly lovely.

Edited by silddx

Two basses for me. Both at opposite ends of the price scale.

Yamaha BB414X, black with black scratchplate I think.. Or maybe white with black scratchplate. Or orange... Any really, I think they all look really good and going by reviews are really good for the money.

70's Fender Precision fretless.

Yesterday, I spent the day in London - mainly in clothes shops with Mrs Tension and I have to say she was looking good on the money [s]we[/s] she spent.

Anyway, I did drag Mrs T down to Denmark Street where, in Macari's, I played a Squier Classic Vibe Precision in sonic blue. Played acoustically it was excellent and in my opinion beat the olympic white Classic Vibe Jazz that I also tried. I asked to try it amplified and got plugged into some tiny Marshall combo. It sounded awful. I told the guy 'Either the amp is s**t, or the bass is'. He plugged me into a slightly bigger but same range Marshall combo. It was louder but not better. From other reports here on the Classic Vibe basses, I suspect it was the amps. Also, the price was £50 (i.e. 20%) higher than at GAK in Brighton where I'll be checking one out through a proper amp later this week.

So my bass of the moment is the Squier Classic Vibe Precision in sonic blue.

the bass of the moment for me is the bass that im going to do in the future.
Im going to combine the body of my fretless jazz and the fretted neck of my other squier im getting the one with blocks in it. Then im going to update the tuners and get an audere preamp in there. Gotoh 201 bridge and black scratchplate. Or just leave them both standard not sure yet! But i do want to make a bass for all occasions and i think this would be ideal
the other basses im loving at the moment are both on youtube.
One is the jazz bass this bass player whos name escapes me for the moment on fourplays night rhythms. It has a preamp of somekind and has a control plate and scratchplate as one. Black with maple dotted neck looks and sounds great
also put into youtube darryl williams and check out his video on a blue low end jazz bass. It sounds heavenly! Honestly!

Xx

[quote name='xgsjx' post='639565' date='Oct 28 2009, 10:59 PM']Ritter Roya's tick the "make me drool" boxes for me, especially if they're made of wood that looks like it would give you splinters.[/quote]
Jesus mate, I think my breakfast is just about to see daylight again :)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='635897' date='Oct 25 2009, 09:09 AM']Im always thinking about a new Sadowsky! but you knew i was gonna say that right???

Whats really getting my going at the moment is one of these fancy Wood&Tronics basses

[attachment=35088:ErgonWholetop1200.jpg]

[attachment=35089:ErgonWholeback1200.jpg]

So, so nice to look at!! i'd love to try one!

:)[/quote]

Damn! I've been trying to ignore that one - not normally my sort of thing at all - but that looks special...