Why become a member? ×

£4.5k to spend on GAS

ped

13 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

I paid £3000 for ours, including boxing in pipes, flushing the old system, and a boiler big enough to provide the water pressure needed for our 3 story house. 

Some of the best money I've ever spent!

It certainly made my eyes water when we replaced ours and got the bill..it's an expensive business, but who wants to play bass with freezing fingers?

And that temperature fluctuation sure plays havoc with your intonation :)

Edited by ahpook
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ped said:

...that's right, a gas boiler. To think of the basses I could have bought instead, but I guess warmth is OK. Luckily I had some savings so we could have the old system replaced entirely, which was on its last legs.

It would be good if some of you could say some nice things about it

IMG_7201.jpeg

Looks like a BBOT. Stick a Bad A$$ on it!

Edited by MacDaddy
The profanity filter changing Bad A$$ into Bad Donkey! 🤣
  • Haha 1

When we had some building work done last year, we had a just in case contingency in the event of emergencies.  A week before the work started, the boiler went.  Then the garage door broke and when the builders were working at the back of the house it became clear the extension roof was rotten. 

I had about £8k to play with.  All gone.  No holiday.  No joy.  After everything was paid I had under £3.00 left in the bank.  ☹️

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

When we had some building work done last year, we had a just in case contingency in the event of emergencies.  A week before the work started, the boiler went.  Then the garage door broke and when the builders were working at the back of the house it became clear the extension roof was rotten. 

I had about £8k to play with.  All gone.  No holiday.  No joy.  After everything was paid I had under £3.00 left in the bank.  ☹️

House upgrading is expensive. Actually everything is expensive thesedays (little bit of politics...)

Still - look at the ducting on that: oof!!

I see it's in a cosy outside cupboard with the meter? The house we're trying to buy has the boiler in an outhouse behind the garage, boxed in over the 1m lean-to between garage and house, and into the kitchen!

Edited by Daz39

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. As @Daz39says, house upgrading is expensive. In fact, not even upgrading IMO.... just house maintenance has become expensive.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 12:40, steantval said:

Surprised your plumber didn’t fit a Magna Clean filter in the new system, unless you have it located elsewhere or that canister thingy in the bottom right of your picture is a similar device.

25F5328E-B4A5-47D3-A912-D5E91F72B42D.jpeg

Now, that is good for metal :)

• Haha 1

On 20/11/2023 at 15:41, ped said:

...that's right, a gas boiler. To think of the basses I could have bought instead, but I guess warmth is OK. Luckily I had some savings so we could have the old system replaced entirely, which was on its last legs.

It would be good if some of you could say some nice things about it

IMG_7201.jpeg

Lawsuit era?

• Haha 1