Why become a member? ×

New stage clothes

police squad

Yep I’ve a couple of shirts that are only worn when on band duty so as to fit in with the overall image, never wear shirts otherwise as I hate them (too many years in shirt & tie at work account for this intense & permanent hatred).

9b593b43-1970-46de-892e-af28e14d0244.jpeg

Edited by Lozz196

1 hour ago, police squad said:

Got our debut gig with The Americana Revue   https://www.americanarevue.com/   coming up in 2 weeks, so I went shopping with my wife for some new clobber.

The gig is completely sold out, which we are very proud of.

Anyway, here's the gear

Anyone else buy gear exclusively to wear at gigs

americana.jpg

Yee and what's more, hah! Nice shirts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, police squad said:

I have clothes that are supposedly reserved to wear on stage, but that won't prevent me from wearing them on other occasions as they are only a slightly more exaggerated version of what I'd wear normally. I do make the effort to have a different image for the two bands that I currently play with, although both a variations on a common theme. It made for a hectic change over a couple of years ago when both bands played one after the other at the same festival.

• Like 1

I love the fact that bands think about their appearance live.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a local pub or a stadium, giving the audience something to look at is super important in my opinion.

We, just wear black, all black. Which works pretty good for original heavy rock.

To me there’s nothing worse than going to see a live band, who just wear jeans and t-shirts. Often the lack of effort in how they look reflects in the music they’re playing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, police squad said:

Got our debut gig with The Americana Revue   https://www.americanarevue.com/   coming up in 2 weeks, so I went shopping with my wife for some new clobber.

The gig is completely sold out, which we are very proud of.

Anyway, here's the gear

americana.jpg

No pants, classic!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jason Karloff said:

Love the footwear. Where did you get them from? 

They're from ASOS. Very cheap beige coloured boots and then I dye and pattern them. It's bit of a labour of love at times.

Edited by Marky L
  • Like 1

Ska band 

a variety of t shirts (current favourite is a wild tie-dye I got in Grand Cayman) with a b&w checked shirt on top; either black jeans or patterned shorts depending on time of year; trilby or pork pie hat; b&w checked Vans.

Daft party band

I have 3 different outfits... 'Peaky Blinder' (grandad shirt, tweed waistcoat, watchchain, bakerboy hat, etc), 'Australian Idiot' (ridiculous Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts, huge boots, hat with dangly corks) and generic US footballer (Dallas Cowboys shirt, white leggings, inflatable helmet). They all look f**king stupid :lol: but that's the whole idea.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, police squad said:

Yup, we play Blackmore's Night covers as well as genuine Renaissance stuff, so I have all sorts of mediaeval garb that would be a bit weird in the rest of my life. My previous band was bluegrass so I had checked shirts, dungarees, etc. the checked shirts at least morphed into my everyday wardrobe. 

80s band: wet-look leggings with Primani boots adorned with fake pearls, plain-colour top, black jacket, Satanic necklace.

Punk band: bottom half as above, band T-shirt rotating between Girls Rock School, Countess of Fife, the Rezillos, London Underground logo and artwork from the Passions' Africa Mine. With a lurid pink jacket over it sporting badges up the lapels. Plus the Satanic necklace.

• Like 1