Why become a member? ×

You’ve won £1000

Rayman

What’s the first thing that springs to mind?

A holiday? A car repair? A holiday? The wife’s birthday (😒)? An amp??

OR…

lovely new bass 😈? What bass? You’ve got a grand…. if you want a new Stingray, you’ll have to put some more in…. but how about a new Reverend Mercalli or Sire V10? What’s it going to be?

In days gone by, I would have jumped at this and had a pre-prepared list. As I've gotten older, money (and by extension, personal possessions) mean less and less; its more about finding a balance of contentedness with other people, relationships, animals, location, environment etc. If you gave £1000 to a dog, it wouldn't make it happy.

Maybe the best things in life are free?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Right now the only bass-related thing I would buy is a set of Hipshot Licensed ultralight for my Squier J. For the rest, I have enough and need to free up space. 

However, pretending space was not an issue and I could splash it all in gear, I would buy various bits:

Nux MLD preamp-DI

Hipshot Licensed Ultralight for my Squier J

Retrovibe preamp+Aguilar AGM4+soldering iron for my Cort GB54

Harley Benton JB62 OR a used Squier CV 60s J +GHS Precision Flats+another set of hipshots

A cheap P bass body for a project to rescue a troubled P neck

Another three-bass rack

A good strap

18 hours ago, steantval said:

I would think it’s a scam.

I only clicked the link to this thread in order to pay my 250 quid in administration fees before cashing in the 1,000 quid.
Disappointed.

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 1

Some bits to go with my new electric drum kit. Such as the extension tom and cymbal pads. A cable so that I can plug it into my PC, and a nice drum vst.

A Tamiya Sand Viper (RC buggy), with a nice ESC and motor combo. And a crawler for my wife.

I am going to be building desks (PC gaming and recording desk, and a modelling and painting desk) and storage furniture for my Lair, which is going to take quite a bit of wood. Once all that’s done, I’d go to town on the lighting. Lots of black light and other mood lighting. All voice controlled.

Either put it towards a D-Roc or a new laptop. My MacBook Pro is 10 years old now, which doesn't make the initial £1000 cost seem that bad. Still runs well with the solid state drive I put in years ago and I've had to replace the data cable once. It also currently sees a much lighter workload than when I first got it, but an upgrade is probably due at some point!