Why become a member? ×

Membership Map

Oddly

8 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I've visited Blegium.  Bluddy ghost town - just full of tumbleweed

T'was my friend Marc who dubbed his native land thus. For my part, I've only really driven through, except the one time we went as a family (prospecting a move, for professional reasons...), and went for a 'meal' at a Quick outlet. That place was beyond tumbleweed; it was shockingly filthy. We left, and ate only once back in France. :|

Looks like there are 5 members pretty close to me, one of whom appears to be literally around the corner from where I lived a few years ago.

So now I know where they are, I can pop round and rob them. Which may, in the broader scheme of things, prove to be something of a flaw in the concept.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

So now I know where they are, I can pop round and rob them. Which may, in the broader scheme of things, prove to be something of a flaw in the concept.

Anyone who tries this with my tagged location will only find a great pint of beer or a delicious curry! (or an excellent Italian meal if they wander down the road a bit. 

16 minutes ago, ricksterphil said:

Me too, born in Ludlow....now living in Nottingham

The drummer in my previous band has a farm in Little Hereford, Ludlow, and we used to rehearse in a large marquee that was set up outside his house.

8 minutes ago, thebrig said:

The drummer in my previous band has a farm in Little Hereford, Ludlow, and we used to rehearse in a large marquee that was set up outside his house.

That would be one Malcolm 'Harry' Wragg no doubt

Went to school with Malcolm and we were in our first band together at school....small world eh

Edited by ricksterphil
adding text

I've just done it 170 times - once for each address on my road.
BC robbers will have to break into many a house before finally finding my dwellings with the inconspicuous orange Aygo outside.
Oh, and I've had to sell all my gear, so am already laughing when thinking of their faces.
Sfun being poor! 😊

1 hour ago, ricksterphil said:

That would be one Malcolm 'Harry' Wragg no doubt

Went to school with Malcolm and we were in our first band together at school....small world eh

It most definitely was Malcolm 'Harry' Wragg!

We were called Stupidity, and although we didn't market ourselves as a tribute act, we only played Dr Feelgood material.

I've attached a pic of us in rehearsal (not in the marquee), where you can see Mal on the drums.

Untitled.png

• Like 2

What a great idea.

I wonder if this might help when we’re trying the cross-country bass relay to ship gear from one end of the country to the other?

Anyway, I am added. 

Subject to approval, of course.

Which, if I’m honest with myself, I’d understand if it was withheld. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thebrig said:

It most definitely was Malcolm 'Harry' Wragg!

We were called Stupidity, and although we didn't market ourselves as a tribute act, we only played Dr Feelgood material.

I've attached a pic of us in rehearsal (not in the marquee), where you can see Mal on the drums.

Untitled.png

Yes, I remember his posts on Facebook. You played a gig in Stamford, which is nearish to Nottingham so I was intent on going until my band got offered a gig on the same night.

Great guy and great drummer