Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

i had no idea this was still happening. 

Beggars belief really.

We had a venue that didn't pay us when they said they would and after a few mths of excuses i was prepared to go to small claims court with them but our drummer has a lot more patience than me and asked me to wait and he'll chase them up. They finally paid after he pestered them for another month.

They also have a reputation for not paying and i believe one band has even started a FB page on it. (it wasn't us)

Dave

2 hours ago, WonkyOne said:

Well what a surprise this thread was to find!!

We supplied kit and crew to "Mick" over 2 months ago, supposed to be payment on the night, then said can we invoice, so did a 7 day invoice, then when that time came round he said he has to wait for venue to pay him, anyway many messages over many weeks of crap the venue were paying him yesterday and we would get paid straight away.....Since then radio silence

So myself and my crew are visiting their next show, next weekend and wont be leaving until fully paid along with the late payment charges!!

Good luck my friend, please report back and let us know how it goes!

Isn't there a register somewhere to see whether somebody has any County Court Judgements against them?

Who can access the register?

The register can be accessed by anyone via the Registry Trust Limited website, where you can search for the details of other people or check your own record of CCJs. The type of people that might want to search the register include landlords, who want to check that a prospective tenant does not have a history of not paying back their debts.

It could also be used in a business setting, if a company is hiring a new employee they might use the register for research or they might want to check out the financial record of a new supplier or customer. Conversely, if someone is offered a job at a new company, they might want to check if the firm is reputable by looking into any history of CCJs.

You might also want to search the register to check your own details, either to verify that all information is correct or if you are planning on applying for credit. It can be useful to review any history that might worry potential lenders.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 1

On 10/05/2023 at 22:03, fleabag said:

And it will carry on, till the thief rips off/encounters the wrong person.  Law of average surely will work eventually ?

I cant wait.

9 hours ago, WonkyOne said:

No need for police, we WILL get our money next weekend :)

I knew it !   Please keep details and let us all know.   I dont have an oar in the water re this Mason to$$er, but i am chomping at the bit to hear the tw@t has finally met the wong ( right ) person.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WonkyOne said:

So myself and my crew are visiting their next show, next weekend and wont be leaving until fully paid along with the late payment charges!!

12 hours ago, WonkyOne said:

No need for police, we WILL get our money next weekend :)

This is why you have to be careful what you post on a public forum. These comments could be interpreted a number of ways. Given that we don't know what will transpire when you visit the 'next show', if things escalate and the Police are called, you've already played your hand here. To be clear, I'm not defending MM. If half of what I've read is remotely accurate, then he deserves to be held to account for his alleged misdeeds.

You'd also be a fool to think he is not monitoring this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

This is why you have to be careful what you post on a public forum. These comments could be interpreted a number of ways. Given that we don't know what will transpire when you visit the 'next show', if things escalate and the Police are called, you've already played your hand here. To be clear, I'm not defending MM. If half of what I've read is remotely accurate, then he deserves to be held to account for his alleged misdeeds.

Of course, you are 100% right and I do agree...although, 'alleged', is pushing it a bit.

:D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

"You'd also be a fool to think he is not monitoring this thread."

Well let's hope he has a very twitchy sphincter before his next gig then. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Isnt he too busy ripping off hard working amateur musicians to be reading this thread ?

That's a bit unfair. He also appears to rip-off venues, crew, pensioners and families wanting to rent his caravan.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Was just wondering why/how he has gone unstopped for so long, and realised that perhaps the clue's in the surname 🤔

And with reference to this, and all joking aside @hiram.k.hackenbacker advice, and especially 'alleged' needs to be noted. Anyone attempting to take the law into their own hands is, ironically I know, breaking the law and potentially far more serious laws than Mason has broken to date. This guy hasn't been nicked because he's probably got all sorts of alibis/excuses/mitigations (and potentially a few friends in other places.....), a mob showing up on Saturday - one that are clearly the protagonists with an internet site clearly publicising their intention - gives the Police little choice and sufficient evidence. He might even contact the Police and tell them that you are making threats with reference to a specific time and place anyway, he will know the inside-outs of the law in these situations quite well I expect, and it appears he really is that slippery.

And of course, he might have more mates with him than you can take with you, and he will no doubt be filming the whole thing to prove his innocence.

There really are cleverer ways of getting this guy 🤔 

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 5

He is, according to this article, just the tip of the iceberg.

The moral of the story is, if you’re buying something remotely, then use PayPal.

I’ve bought a couple of things from on here recently. I didn’t personally know the guys I was buying from, so I used regular PayPal. I did though, pay a little extra so they received what they wanted, while I still had buyer protection.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/may/28/social-media-sites-wild-west-shopping-uk-bank-facebook-instagram

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Relax. Have a beer

Perhaps the sarcasm wasn't evident enough.

You're doing him a big disfavour by saying he only wants to rip-off musicians. It looks like Mick works hard to ensure he rips-off as many demographics as he can

19 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I'm glad someone mentioned this - thanks H.  @WonkyOne 

Posting on here about intentions is fraught with risk IMO if something should kick off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...