Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

31 minutes ago, Beedster said:

which may or may not be the result of gambling of course but I'm assuming from the above might be

IMS, the gambling was mentioned in the article about the court case after his rental caravan fraud, so: yes indeed. 

Edit: Yup!
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/single-mum-pensioners-ingoldmells-caravan-3743529

Edited by BassTractor

My mum’s friend's son became addicted to gambling while at university. He was thousands in debt. His parents bailed him out and he did it again.

You’re bombarded by adverts on TV and social media. They make it out to be fun, without mentioning how it can ruin your life.

None of this is to excuse Mr Mason, who’s little more than a serial thief and conman. He’s well aware of what he’s doing, he’s surely had opportunity to seek help.

1 hour ago, ambient said:

My mum’s friend's son became addicted to gambling while at university. He was thousands in debt. His parents bailed him out and he did it again.

The same thing happened with my nephew. He lost the whole of his monthly income in one night just after being paid and then tried to take his life because of the guilt. I bailed him out.

Less than a year later he did it again despite all sorts of controls being supposedly put in place with the online betting companies. My sister bailed him out again. It impacts the victim’s wider family as well. 👿

He said he thought he could win some money to pay some debts because he’s “quite good at it”. Clearly he isn’t!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ambient said:

You’re bombarded by adverts on TV and social media. They make it out to be fun, without mentioning how it can ruin your life.

None of this is to excuse Mr Mason, who’s little more than a serial thief and conman. He’s well aware of what he’s doing, he’s surely had opportunity to seek help.

He's more than that; he certainly stalked me on social media and posted derogatory comments (I have screenshots), sent me insulting messages (I have screenshots), posed as a legal persona and threatened proceedings (I have screenshots), and asserted that he would come to my house to sort things out "man-to-man" (the police were involved in that angle, as messages I'd received made me concerned about the possibility of a physical intimidation).

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

17 hours ago, Beedster said:

Yep. One of the few apparently positive (but in real terms negative) aspects of gambling addiction compared to drug addiction is that it's not so obvious socially; plenty of addicted gamblers appear to live normal healthy lives even when in the midst of a serious long-term addiction, which is rarely the case with drugs; the signs of drug addiction are often quite clear to the naked eye.

So yes, a thread on social media about your actions - which may or may not be the result of gambling of course but I'm assuming from the above might be - is indicative that its got very bad indeed 

This seems like more than a gambling addiction,  there's compulsive risk taking, a total lack of remorse or empathy plus both shameless and cunning dishonesty.  I don't think he's doing this because he needs to survive.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

This seems like more than a gambling addiction,  there's compulsive risk taking, a total lack of remorse or empathy plus both shameless and cunning dishonesty.  I don't think he's doing this because he needs to survive.  

Aye, from all of the examples of his communication, it's quite obvious our man Mick derives a warped sense of self-esteem from his destructive actions.
He may be a sad little loser, but still a sad little loser who must accept responsibility for his actions, and one who must be stopped.

Hm. Now why am I suddenly having thoughts about famous politicians?

4 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I don't disagree, being a gambling addict doesn't disbar for one second you from membership of the Complete C**t Club, in fact it tends to help your application, but as is the case with other addictions, it can be the root cause of the other behaviours, the factor that if we wanted all of the other stuff to stop, would have to be addressed and resolved first 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwi said:

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

I don't disagree, being a gambling addict doesn't disbar for one second you from membership of the Complete C**t Club, in fact it tends to help your application, but as is the case with other addictions, it can be the root cause of the other behaviours, the factor that if we wanted all of the other stuff to stop, would have to be addressed and resolved first 

3 hours ago, BassTractor said:

Aye, from all of the examples of his communication, it's quite obvious our man Mick derives a warped sense of self-esteem from his destructive actions.
He may be a sad little loser, but still a sad little loser who must accept responsibility for his actions, and one who must be stopped.

Hm. Now why am I suddenly having thoughts about famous politicians?

In my case he certainly wanted to assert control of the situation and manage things on his terms; I simply stuck to the matter in-hand and joining in with his silly games was of no interest nor benefit to me.

9 minutes ago, prowla said:

In my case he certainly wanted to assert control of the situation and manage things on his terms

I wonder if this is, in part, why he's still out there, he seems to possess a set of characteristics that probably make it difficult even for law enforcement to to get any traction

On 23/09/2022 at 08:24, prowla said:

He's more than that; he certainly stalked me on social media and posted derogatory comments (I have screenshots), sent me insulting messages (I have screenshots), posed as a legal persona and threatened proceedings (I have screenshots), and asserted that he would come to my house to sort things out "man-to-man" (the police were involved in that angle, as messages I'd received made me concerned about the possibility of a physical intimidation).

It's pretty shocking that he's not inside all things considered :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prowla said:

It really is - this isn't some poor soul who has lost his way this is calculated and unremorseful recidivism.

No, I get that. I doubt many here are surprised that the Police haven't dealt with his fraud very well, but it seems that the behaviours you mention - stalking, threats, and misrepresentation - are generally taken quite seriously these days?

The thing is: there isn't a police office somewhere with a big pinboard on the wall and dozens of photos and snippets, with string joining them up to his mug shot. Which is effectively what we've go there. Often the police in various places are dealing with isolated crimes of his, that are only slowly being added together. Until he's arrested/charged with something, progress will be slow and disjointed. possibly even after that too. Most of his crimes are not immediate or violent, requiring prompt response. This is why fraud and other crimes of finance/impersonation can go unpunished for so long. 

/Obvious bit

The police even take their time on serious crime too.  This may well be related to where one lives in the country, but still.

Last year, early hours of the morning , i was peering out of my balcony window looking at Venus or something. The place was deserted.  Then a grey/silver estate drives into the shops  area, too slow so they became suspicious.  Instead of driving into the shops car park, they reverse upto Tesco Express.

4 blokes leap out , one  legs it to the edge and stands as look out, one stays in the driver's seat.

The 3 then open the tailgate, attach a truck type strap to the car and the other end to the doors of TE.  Driver puts his clog down and rips the doors clean off.

The 3 then dive into TE and rip  the safe box from it's moorings,  all 4 leap into the estate and motor off.

I was on the phone to police the moment i saw the masked bandits get out of the  car  ( Audi apparently )  so i was chatting to the police person , telling them  what was going, how many blokes, etc etc.  This was while they were at it, before they even ripped the doors off.  The police receptionist even heard the almighty bang ( and it was LOUD ) on my phone, the Tesco shop being about 50 metres away

Police eventually turned up 20-25 mins later. 1 bloke in a panda. 

Edited by fleabag
  • Sad 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...