Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Slander/libel has to be untrue and the truth is an absolute defence; afaik, I’m the only one who has been libelled, but the aforementioned accusation was easily dismissed as the fabrication it was. 

I think it can get more complex than that - see Sutcliffe vs Pressdram.

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

I think it can get more complex than that - see Sutcliffe vs Pressdram.

Stating provable facts negates slander/libel; the law (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/26) states "It is a defence to an action for defamation for the defendant to show that the imputation conveyed by the statement complained of is substantially true.".

My impression is that the above case may have included items which deviated from the demonstrable truth to include speculation, circumstantial evidence, and editorial licence.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Not heard anything fresh.  If he is still performing with The Carpenters Experience, they are on in my home town in a couple of weeks.

Would it be wrong if lots of people went along and just slow clapped him constantly?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Marky L said:

Would it be wrong if lots of people went along and just slow clapped him constantly?

That would be most unfair to the paying public at a gig. I  think it should be something more focused on the individual. The others in the act may not even be aware of his shenanigans!

19 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

That would be most unfair to the paying public at a gig. I  think it should be something more focused on the individual. The others in the act may not even be aware of his shenanigans!

Maybe they should be...

Since 2010 the average dibble has gone from having 12 years service under their belt, to less than 3. 

Anyone who knew what they were doing and had the experience to be able to actually do it has long since gone. 

Mrs B still has friends in the job and she says it's a farce now. One sergeant she knows recently took a call from the irate mother of one of his young bobbies demanding to know when he was going to be home for his tea.

Another brings his pet snail (I believe its a giant snail, not a garden variety) to work to help with his anxiety.  Why is he even in the job at all?

That's the service the government think we're worthy of. These days you're better off looking after yourself, being wary of scammers, locking your doors properly, and doing the best you can never to be in a position where you have to rely on the dibble. I don't blame them for that state of affairs - the cause goes much higher.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 16/01/2024 at 15:34, MoonBassAlpha said:

Judging by his past behaviour it's likely the others in the act will only be made aware of his shenanigans when they don't get paid.

• 2 months later...