Why become a member? ×

Basschat Stage Name Generator (oh and by the way, does anyone recognise this chap??

1 hour ago, Skinnyman said:

Prestwick Copper Kettle walking on to thunderous silence.

Following lunch, I now identify as Prestwick Quiet Layby Off The A157.

Not quite as snappy and a lot more ink on the posters....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stewblack said:

Don't know which if the two thread derailments happening here is my favourite, but Skank's and Rich's has been beautifully played. 

There's another one!? 😮

5 hours ago, lozkerr said:

That would make me Porty Costa.  I'm not sure it works - it puts me in mind of a weedy bloke in a Hawaiian shirt playing keys in a Benidorm tourist disco.

Nooo, Porty Costa sounds really cool!

Scarborough Wetherspoons is still my favourite though. 😂

Regards,

Miami 'Dunkin' Donuts

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

I had a weekend in London last summer. Whilst walking across Tower Bridge, I bumped into a musical acquaintance from Leeds who I haven't seen for ages and ages. I had a lovely generic chat with him and his family, who I'd never met before. The conversation was slightly awkward, but I put it down to the randomness, and the bustle of people around us.

I messaged him a week or so later to say it was nice to see him...  slightly puzzled, he replied to say he was currently in Kefalonia, and had been for the previous three weeks.

I love stories like that, brilliant! 

I've twice been asked for my autograph at airports, first time by a rather excitable and attractive 20-ish Scandinavian girl (I was about 22 at the time so this was good news, but not sufficiently good for me to blow my superstar cover by talking to her). The second time was lovely though, a young girl with her family came running up to me, autograph book in her hand. I looked at her parents, and to my amusement they both shrugged and smiled; I've no idea who the girl thought I was, but her parents clearly knew I wasn't.

Both times I left a big scribbly scrawl in their book.  Seemed a shame to disappoint.