Why become a member? ×

Why Do Some People On BC Seem To Have No Sense Of Humor

Thunderbird

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1503313046' post='3357044']
In the subject of correct grammar, getting your capital letters in the right place is important too, especially if you want to help your uncle Jack off a horse.
[/quote]

You git... Now my monitor is covered with tea...

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1503344785' post='3357486']
Well...
Dunning got it.
Kruger got it too.
I got it, and I honestly think most people got it.
:P
[/quote]

Well, quite. Just cos you like, or indeed "Get", a quip or joke does not mean you have to indicate the fact. I am not about to post "Yep, got that one", every time. :D

A perfect example from a Facebook page.

"[size=5][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][b][center]I Want to learn how to slap bass guys who will teach me"[/center][/b][/font][/size]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit]Use commas and this will read better![font=inherit][font=inherit][size=1][/size][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][color=#90949C][font=inherit][size=3]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit][url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/1270915156270097/#"]Like[/url][/font][/font][font=inherit] · [/font][url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/1270915156270097/#"]Reply[/url][font=inherit] · [/font][color=#898F9C][font=inherit]
[url="https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reaction/profile/browser/?ft_ent_identifier=1802206576474283_1802208753140732&av=636167391"][font=inherit]4[/font][/url][/font][/color]
[font=inherit] · [/font][font=inherit][url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/1270915156270097/permalink/1802206576474283/?comment_id=1802208753140732&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22%7D"]21 hrs[/url][/font]
[/size][/font][/color][font=inherit][url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/1270915156270097/#"]Remove[/url][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/size][/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]

[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]What is commas plz[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1503349125' post='3357549']
:Milwaukee:
[/quote]
didn't someone once find offence in that emoji on blues' behalf? despite blue himself never actually being offended by it?

people are so set on being offended (especially on other peoples behalf) that other people are not allowed to be humorous for fear of offending people who are neither offended by nor involved in the humour.

it does feel at times that some people do get annoyed for the sake of being annoyed

Edited by RockfordStone

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1503396387' post='3357821']
didn't someone once find offence in that emoji on blues' behalf? despite blue himself never actually being offended by it?

people are so set on being offended (especially on other peoples behalf) that other people are not allowed to be humorous for fear of offending people who are neither offended by nor involved in the humour.

it does feel at times that some people do get annoyed for the sake of being annoyed
[/quote]indeed, perceived offence is far more prevalent than actual offence

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1503346081' post='3357507']
Aw,that's such a shame. Can't we tempt you with just a £5 tiff..? The £15 barney is on special offer, too, and offers really good value. I can see that the full-out £50 row could be beyond many BCer's pocket, but a little effort now and again would so help site funds. :mellow:
[/quote]

I expect he's a little more than fifteen pounds...

[attachment=251847:barney.jpeg]

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1503395296' post='3357807']
Just cos you like, or indeed "Get", a quip or joke does not mean you have to indicate the fact.
[/quote]

Got it!
Ah... C'mon! [i]Somebody[/i] had to!

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1503396387' post='3357821']
[/quote]

Aye. It's a lame and old-fashioned tool of manipulation, but seemingly still effective.
Sometimes I tell them that being annoyed/offended/provoked is a right, but that it doesn't mean they [i]are[/i] right.
...but then I don't have a senze of humor.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1503309204' post='3356997']
As above really there used to be some really funny people on the forum and you could always crack a joke but now some people seem so grumpy and just seem to want a row sign of the times? OK rant over lol
[/quote]
I'm still here ya bastard!!

[font=P22JohnstonUnderground , sans-serif][size=4]I stayed over at a friend’s house in Kensington last night. This morning, his kids were playing around in the kitchen while we had breakfast and, who knows how, I managed to swallow a few Scrabble squares.[/size][/font]
[font=P22JohnstonUnderground , sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font]
[font=P22JohnstonUnderground , sans-serif][size=4]My next trip to the toilet could spell disaster.[/size][/font]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1503421728' post='3358114']
I'm still here ya bastard!!

[font=P22JohnstonUnderground , sans-serif]I stayed over at a friend’s house in Kensington last night. This morning, his kids were playing around in the kitchen while we had breakfast and, who knows how, I managed to swallow a few Scrabble squares.[/font]

[font=P22JohnstonUnderground , sans-serif]My next trip to the toilet could spell disaster.[/font]
[/quote]

Joke of the week for me. :thank_you:

Is the problem not that t'interweb has become the place vent one's spleen on any minor grievance from the safety of your terminal without all that troublesome problem of saying something less complimentary to somebody's face?

We've all become closet Victor Meldrews. Anybody on here tried chatting to people on public transport?

I think it has changed on here a fair bit, sadly. I joined in 2008.

I don't really post a huge amount now, but I do still read daily (and a bit of selling in the MP). I have noticed a more Talkbass-esque trend for posters to jump on opinions or comments at speed, quite often in a confrontational manner. Also (in my experience) less FB being left after sales.

Still a great place for the bass community, and things do come in waves. However, there's definitely room for some lightening up out there! B)

[quote name='Ashweb' timestamp='1503858903' post='3361210']
TBH - After reading the previous posts on this thread and recalling some of my previous posts; I'm not sure if I'm part of the problem or part of the solution :wacko: :D
[/quote]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.