Why become a member? ×

Why Do Some People On BC Seem To Have No Sense Of Humor

Thunderbird

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1503309204' post='3356997']
As above really there used to be some really funny people on the forum and you could always crack a joke but now some people seem so grumpy and just seem to want a row sign of the times? OK rant over lol
[/quote]
Usually its because theres a cruel lack of adequate punctuation which makes reading their posts very difficult in fact some of the posts are so bad they just get skipped it does however create a tension which for some people seems to be resolved in grumpy replies not enough in jest for me I much prefer a light hearted approach not everyone has the same outlook though spelling mistakes and badly placed or worse still missing apostrophes has been know to send some folks barmy as has commas out of place never mind its all for fun you know as a line from a Marty Balin song goes

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1503309612' post='3357003']
Usually its because theres a cruel lack of adequate punctuation which makes reading their posts very difficult in fact some of the posts are so bad they just get skipped it does however create a tension which for some people seems to be resolved in grumpy replies not enough in jest for me I much prefer a light hearted approach not everyone has the same outlook though spelling mistakes and badly placed or worse still missing apostrophes has been know to send some folks barmy as has commas out of place never mind its all for fun you know as a line from a Marty Balin song goes
[/quote]Lukillly mine punkutain and spellin iz spot on innit :)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1503309612' post='3357003']
[/quote]

[font=arial, sans-serif-light, sans-serif][size=5]Eats, Shoots & Leaves[/size][/font]

Edited by ricksterphil

The importance of correct punctuation:

Dear John

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy–will you let me be yours?

Jane

OR

Dear John

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours
Jane

Edited by discreet

How very dare you imply that none of the BC community have a sense of humour! :angry2:

In the subject of correct grammar, getting your capital letters in the right place is important too, especially if you want to help your uncle Jack off a horse.

As above really there used to be some really funny people on the forum and you could always crack a joke but now some people seem so grumpy and just seem to want a row sign of the times? OK rant over lol
[/quote]

Glad to see it hasn't made [i]you[/i] grumpy as well.

Maybe you could start up some sort of BC Glee club (with real clubs)?

[/quote]
Indeed - I think the PC camp took over and everybody seems to get offended over the most trivial things.

[/quote]

Maybe your Jokes are crap, or your stand up routine is dated ?
:D

I agree some very, very funny people have vacated the building, or don't pop in so much.
It would be nice if they decided to dep on Basschat occasionally.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1503317772' post='3357105']

Maybe your Jokes are crap, or your stand up routine is dated ?
:D

I agree some very, very funny people have vacated the building, or don't pop in so much.
It would be nice if they decided to dep on Basschat occasionally.
[/quote]my jokes have always been crap but oh do I try lol

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1503319866' post='3357149']
But I like to rub my hands with Swarfega. :mellow:
[/quote]

I like to fill a pair of waders with Swarfega* and go to an opera wearing nowt else but an evil grin. I'll pass on the Boston Pancake however. I looked it up and the Urban Dictionary definition curdled my maple syrup.

*Other surfactants are available.