Why become a member? ×

If you could have been in one band in the last 15 years.....

merello

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1436774144' post='2820516']
Great band, and probably very nice to stand behind!
[/quote]

The view did influence my choice.....
I've seen them live a couple of times & they are bloody good, and I love their songs.

Toss-up between Tool & Opeth. Neither really fit my playing style, but phenomenal music & stupendously good drummers.

Metallica for the $$$$ is tempting but I'd end up slapping Lars twice. Once for being a rubbish drummer & once for being Lars... :D

Jon.

Have half the bands being mentioned done anything even vaguely interesting in the last 15 years? Or are you all just after an easy life churning out popular songs to an adoring but ageing audience?

There's plenty of new bands from the last 15 years that I like but few with bassists.

So, for me it would have to be the Birthday Massacre, or failing that I'm perfectly happy with the musical choices I've already made.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1436812481' post='2821057']
Have half the bands being mentioned done anything even vaguely interesting in the last 15 years? Or are you all just after an easy life churning out popular songs to an adoring but ageing audience?

There's plenty of new bands from the last 15 years that I like but few with bassists.

So, for me it would have to be the Birthday Massacre, or failing that I'm perfectly happy with the musical choices I've already made.
[/quote]

Does muse not count?

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1436811530' post='2821045']
Toss-up between Tool & Opeth. Neither really fit my playing style, but phenomenal music & stupendously good drummers.

Metallica for the $$$$ is tempting but I'd end up slapping Lars twice. Once for being a rubbish drummer & once for being Lars... :D

Jon.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! +1million!

If there was a current band of nearly contemporaries that I'd choose, you know, so we might actually get on as a band, then I'd choose something like Rival Sons or The Virginmarys. Both excellent, kick ass bands doing great music, and working their way up the ladder.

I reckon playing a proper band member role in a band like that would be really fulfilling. Then again, being Darryl Jones is better paid ha ha!

I really like the 70`s funk sound, so i would go for Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Maybe not the most taxing bass lines, or the best name. Or maybe Kasabian. Maybe scrub those two, and go for The Levellers .It is a very hard choice really, as the more i think about it, the. more it would change.

Edited by timmo

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1436802315' post='2820902']
I think I would rather play in my own band than the Stones.
[/quote]
I would rather play in almost any band other than the Stones.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1436812481' post='2821057']

[/quote]

Nobody said it had to be a new band