Why become a member? ×

Old Horse Murphy RIP

Rich

I can’t believe this one…… I didn’t know he was ill…… that’s horrific. We met up a couple of times buying and selling, but conversed a lot on here. That’s desperately sad….. 😞 

I'd not had any dealings with him here, but we were Farcebook friends and swapped "happy birthday"s and the occasional witticism there. I was very aware of how well loved he was, and he always came across as a really nice bloke. He'd been here so long, he was one of the original fixtures/fittings. It's always sad when a good man goes before his time. I offer my heartfelt condolences to all who knew and loved him. RIP old hoss.

• Like 2

Aww that's sad news - we did the Clackett Lane shuffle on a few occasions. Like me, he had a revolving collection of J basses and a suspicion that Stingrays really were the key to being a proper grown up. 

• Like 1

I thought I went through some gear, but Nicks revolving door never stopped spinning. I had a fabulous Stingray 5 that was a “keeper” and the “best bass I ever owned”….. until I flogged it to Nick a month later. I think he had it about a week before he sold it on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was always such a pleasure to to a see Nick and do deals through the shop, one of those guys that I genuinely really enjoyed chatting to and always had a laugh about his dislike/phobia of red basses. You'll be missed mate

RIP Nick

Stunned and saddened, only seems five minutes ago I met up with Nick and he kindly invited me and my family to drop by to his house anytime. It was on my to-do list.

Sincere condolences to family and friends ❤️

• Like 1