Why become a member? ×

Everything's Coming Up Roses

SamIAm

Today's development was receiving a written offer of the new role ... time was when Worthing and Brighton were in two different trusts and it would take ages, but they are now in the same trust and they are doing a fasttrack internal transfer!  My DBS, Occupational Health and right to work in the UK checks have already been completed ... nothing in the NHS evers goes quickly, but I guess there have to be some exceptions!  Officially I'm on 4 weeks notice with ICU, but my line manager has said that they do not intend to hold me to this (At the moment they are paying for an ICU nurse who is not able to actually work in ICU, so it's no surprise).

It seems that I may be in a position to start in the new role in the next 2 or 3 weeks, which is wonderful!  With my increase in my weekly hours from 23 (all I could physically manage in ICU) to 37.5 (The new role is office hours and without any moving/handling of patients or heavy equipment) and a surprise that my annual pre-tax salary will go up by about £80 a month (I'd thought it was more like £80 a year!) the financial challanges of the past year will soon be just a bad memory :)

S'manth x

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit behind on reading as I've been dealing with the minor matter of moving house (by 150 miles...). So glad to hear the positive news after the traumas of last year. Great to hear the good news on the job front. I was fortunate to only ever work 'office hours' albeit the occasional overnighter when I was an on-call programmer and for the odd implementation, but they were fairly rare. 

I can confirm that removal costs are horrendous - mine has just cost ££££. It didn't help that it took them two days to pack my house contents and it involved an overnighter due to the distance/time.

• Sad 1