Why become a member? ×

Everything's Coming Up Roses

SamIAm

It is all getting very excitingly real!

The paperwork has gone through and I start in my new role on Monday 7-Aug; this is unthinkably fast being just two weeks after I received my official job offer, but it wonderfully exciting!  They are ordering my uniforms (yuch ,,, I've been in scrubs for 4 yearwhich are easy and comfortable!) and a name badge.

I'm a little sad about travel to work tho, taking the train would cost about £9 a day, even when using a season pass.  The hospital has a park and ride which (If I can get a permit) will cost £15 a month, even taking into account car costs (Tho I would continue to have a car so some of this is already taken into account) and fuel for the 16 mile daily round trip I'll be much better off not going green :(  Even if I end up paying for council parking, I'll still be better off driving ... it's mad!

S'manth x

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Smanth said:

It is all getting very excitingly real!

The paperwork has gone through and I start in my new role on Monday 7-Aug; this is unthinkably fast being just two weeks after I received my official job offer, but it wonderfully exciting!  They are ordering my uniforms (yuch ,,, I've been in scrubs for 4 yearwhich are easy and comfortable!) and a name badge.

I'm a little sad about travel to work tho, taking the train would cost about £9 a day, even when using a season pass.  The hospital has a park and ride which (If I can get a permit) will cost £15 a month, even taking into account car costs (Tho I would continue to have a car so some of this is already taken into account) and fuel for the 16 mile daily round trip I'll be much better off not going green :(  Even if I end up paying for council parking, I'll still be better off driving ... it's mad!

S'manth x

Get yourself an e-bike.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Get yourself an e-bike.

A sensible suggestion, thank you ...  I had an e-bike conversion this time last year and I loved it.

However ... history ...  Aug last year a fire broke out in my flat, I narrowly escaped with my life (sadly my kitties did not) and it will have taken them 13 months to reinstate it for me to move back in.  The fire burned so hot that they had to cut out the concrete slab ceiling in my living room (where the firs started) as it had been warped by the heat!

image.thumb.png.eb71753a07f680a1813b317936ab0204.png

image.thumb.png.eed764903850aecd68d3a9b18b163179.png

The cause of the fire was a Li-ion battery that went bang whilst being charged (It was one for a bass amp system, made by a reputable supplier) and sadly this is not rare; the huge amount of energy stored can be devistating if released suddenly, youtube has too many examples.

As you can imagine I am ... reluctant ... to have another high capacity Li-ion device. (And am even supercautious about the smaller ones that are so pervasive in our lives).

Edited by Smanth
  • Sad 1