Why become a member? ×

Impossible desires

Munurmunuh

Well, I imagine for us lefties there are a lot of impossible desires if we're after basses with slightly less common colours or combinations of hardware etc. and we can't afford/don't want to order a custom build.

For instance, last time I looked, this simply wasn't available in LH, full stop:

p_region_SR305E_CUB_1P_02.png

And don't get me started on LH double basses (not electric uprights, they are usually OK).

You learn to live with the situation, and it keeps your GAS under control. :)

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

I’d just settle for a time machine, so I could go back to 1986 & buy up all the basses I lusted after at the time at sensible prices (They probably didn’t seem it at the time, but hindsight is a wonderful thing? 😄)

Wal custom, could pick these up for £650?

Status series II, around the £1200 mark

Aria Pro SB 1000, another £600 bass

Vigier, around the £800 mark

Warwick Streamer, An early cherry wood one about £850

That’d do for starters, don’t even get me on amps 😄

• Like 1

To buy back all the basses I had to sell when things went Pete Tong in my private life a few years ago. There are some I really miss.

Other than that, Jon Shuker and I have this corking bass design ready to go. We've been talking about it for a few years now. I desire it muchly, still. It's going to be insanely good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'd like to go back to 2002 and get an original Ibanez K5. Impossible, I know. I'd also like the padauk to stay that nice orange colour, which is also impossible as it turns darker brown as it ages.

I'm not a big Korn fan, I like a few songs from their early years, but the K5 in the 2002 Ibanez catalogue was a dream bass for me. A shame that even if I could buy a mint condition one now, it wouldn't be the vibrant orange of the instrument in my dreams.

p32.thumb.jpg.a7c48e60d54b5ed26ca6c1a4c9bad008.jpg

• Like 1

Still looking for an EBMM Stingray 4 H, 2 EQ, natural finish, maple fingerboard, with body contours (so no Classic or pre-EB). Just cannot find one. I am sure they are out there, somewhere, but my search seems to always end up in the well-known destination - nowhere 😞 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Still looking for an EBMM Stingray 4 H, 2 EQ, natural finish, maple fingerboard, with body contours (so no Classic or pre-EB). Just cannot find one. I am sure they are out there, somewhere, but my search seems to always end up in the well-known destination - nowhere 😞 

👀 eyes are peeled for you

• Like 1