Why become a member? ×

Impossible desires

Munurmunuh

21 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Right now, I'm longing for a lightweight Aria Pro II SB700, a total waste of time and energy.

Over to you.....

I've just seen a nice looking one advertised on Facebook. Will PM you the details. I have nothing to do with the bass, seller etc....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

I've just seen a nice looking one advertised on Facebook. Will PM you the details. I have nothing to do with the bass, seller etc....

Thank you for the link, but the desire for a lightweight SB700 is literally impossible, they don't exist.

Other things I waste time wishing for are even more contradictory — glossy maple fretboards that have the reassuringly matte texture of rosewood — bright, nervy, steel rounds that don't squeak — that kind of reality-defying nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Thank you for the link, but the desire for a lightweight SB700 is literally impossible, they don't exist.

Other things I waste time wishing for are even more contradictory — glossy maple fretboards that have the reassuringly matte texture of rosewood — bright, nervy, steel rounds that don't squeak — that kind of reality-defying nonsense.

Ah I get it now.... Maybe shave some wood off it. It works with cricket bats.

• Like 1

Lefty Peavey T40 (doesn't exist)

Lefty Fender Mustang (rare as hen's teeth because Fender won't make new ones, and therefore ridiculously expensive)

Lefty Kubicki ExFactor (only one known example, but it has a righty neck with the D-tuner at the bottom - and Philip Kubicki has sadly passed)

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 3

Vigier Passion series II 5-string wide carbon neck basses in see-through red. Fretted and Delta metal fretless.

Ability to train myself in a thought manner towards a multistyle and thinking player. No extra notes anymore.

But this topic was about dreams and dreaming.

Edited by itu

On 22/02/2022 at 18:26, Mastodon2 said:

I'd like to go back to 2002 and get an original Ibanez K5. Impossible, I know. I'd also like the padauk to stay that nice orange colour, which is also impossible as it turns darker brown as it ages.

I'm not a big Korn fan, I like a few songs from their early years, but the K5 in the 2002 Ibanez catalogue was a dream bass for me. A shame that even if I could buy a mint condition one now, it wouldn't be the vibrant orange of the instrument in my dreams.

p32.thumb.jpg.a7c48e60d54b5ed26ca6c1a4c9bad008.jpg

It's not often I've owned the object of folk's desires, but I had not one, but two of those - the first one fell off it's stand and fractured the neck, claimed it on insurance and bought a second.

Very good basses if you can get over the 12th feet inlay and like the very shallow neck profile.

The electronics were a bit weak, but could be easily upgraded

I've absolutely fallen for a bass but a ludicrous price tag means it'll never happen. 

The Sienna Burst Peavey T40 in The Bass Gallery. I believe it's Dave Swift's, owned from new and in exceptional condition. But £1500 for a T40. 

Oh bloody hell it's a looker though. 

😕

• Like 1

A Musicman Stingray Special 5 in Cruz Teal. I've been chasing one for a bit as I was silly enough to sell mine 3 years ago due to difficult circumstances and not playing enough... Discontinued colour... I've not seen others apart from mine and I'm on the hunt, but it's a tough one!