Jump to content
Crawford13

Favourite Xmas Song

Recommended Posts

I think I've inadvertently undergone a very long term process of aversion therapy with regards to Christmas songs.

After many years of hearing more or less the same song selection on constant repeat on the radio, in shops and pubs and round people's houses I'm now at the point where even the opening bars of the supposedly ever popular 'Fairytale of New York' inspire nothing but feelings of slight revulsion.

 

Edited by Cato
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrCrane said:

This. Primarily for the wonderful bass line from Dee Murray

+1.  Absolutely smashing bassline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonely This Xmas by Mud.

In fact, last year it was so lonely and cold that we had to burn the Xmas tree.

 

 

 

80306144_TreelessXmas.thumb.jpg.e76c2abd8856638a96128109dd345dde.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cato said:

I think I've inadvertently undergone a very long term process of aversion therapy with regards to Christmas songs.

After many years of hearing more or less the same song selection on constant repeat on the radio, in shops and pubs and round people's houses I'm now at the point where even the opening bars of the supposedly ever popular 'Fairytale of New York' inspire nothing but feelings of slight revulsion.

 

 

This multiplied many many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we did this last year too...

Mine is "Last Christmas" by me cousin George and his mate Andrew...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like any Christmas songs until a week before Christmas, when I enjoy them all. 

Apart from that warbling, hamster faced monstrosity, Carey, who can shove her song up her hole! 

I'm particularly fond of the Jona Lewie and Wham ones though. 

It's great though isn't it how music can evoke such feelings and emotions. My daughter always says she only has to hear the opening synth stab of 'Wonderful Christmastime'  and it instantly feels like Christmas, yet it was released 20 years before she was born. So I'll nominate that one as well as it'll be our first Christmas without her at home. Oh god, here I go. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally hate Christmas these days, sick of it rammed down your throat by September 2nd! 
Anyway that aside, I like this version of white Christmas because it’s one my daughter and I sing together and I haven’t seen her for 12 months. Hoping she can get home for Christmas.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Generally hate Christmas these days, sick of it rammed down your throat by September 2nd! 
Anyway that aside, I like this version of white Christmas because it’s one my daughter and I sing together and I haven’t seen her for 12 months. Hoping she can get home for Christmas.

 

I have played that a lot.

I enjoy it.

 

Far more than that dire Mariah Carey tune!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I think that we did this last year too...

Mine is "Last Christmas" by me cousin George and his mate Andrew...

You learn something every day, I didn’t know you were related to GM, Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This, hands down. Bonus points for getting a bells end pun in 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

This, hands down. Bonus points for getting a bells end pun in 🙂

 

Not forgetting "ring in peace". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...