Why become a member? ×

Worst ever setlist

TheGreek

You can never second guess an audience. Some tunes that work with one lot don't work with another lot.

It's painful if you're playing with musicians who have no ability to stop a song at an appropriate place.

Playing a 13 minute ABBA opus medley is bad enough without having to do it to an empty dance floor.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1484610006' post='3216895']
If i hated a crowd, my set list would be:
1. Metal Machine Music, Parts 1 and 2.
2. 4'33"
3. Metal Machine Music, Part 3.
4. Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree.
5. Uruguayan national anthem, played at 1/2 speed.
6. Metal Machine Music, Part 4, twice.
[/quote]

That. Sounds. Brilliant.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1484638969' post='3216974']
Nah, it's about what would be bad on the setlist, whatever the reason.

Most Stereophonics songs is my worst thing to have on a set list. I like Stereophonics to listen to, but not to play.

BTW, I like Agadoo. introduced the niece to it at Xmas & she loves it. :D
[/quote]

If you read the op he says "Songs you would have on your set list if you hated the crowd" Sounds to me like songs that would empty the room. I love 21st Century, and Thick as a Brick etc, but play them at a pub/club gig and watch the tumbleweed.

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1484662876' post='3217263']
If you read the op he says "Songs you would have on your set list if you hated the crowd" Sounds to me like songs that would empty the room. I love 21st Century, and Thick as a Brick etc, but play them at a pub/club gig and watch the tumbleweed.
[/quote]
You're right. I still wouldn't play Stereophonics. :lol:

My guitarist loves come together by the Beatles and wants to open shows with it. People just stared blankly at a festival when we opened with it. I'd rather not play it at all, or anything that gets wheeled out on X factor every year without fail, including Chris Cornell's Billie Jean.

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1484665702' post='3217296']
My guitarist loves come together by the Beatles and wants to open shows with it. People just stared blankly at a festival when we opened with it.
[/quote]I think that happens in every band, you just have to except that no matter how much you personally like a song it just doesn't work, We've had the same thing with the Ramones Bonzo Goes to Bitberg

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1484593104' post='3216650']
Would depend on the crowd. Osmonds covers for bikers, Megadeth for the local old peoples' home and so on...
[/quote]

Mrs Zero and I did a Metallica song in our set at the local old people's home, which went down well.

The song suggestions so far are actually the set you'd put together if you were about to quit a band you really, really hated. To which I'd add Red Red f***ing Whine. All Right Now, and Ma Baker by Boney M.

Anti-Procrastination Song by Stormtroopers Of Death repeated for the whole set.
Should be able to do it 2400 times in a two hour gig.

If that's not your thing then any set made up of prog rock should piss off an audience, and rightly so :D

It's a fantastic song and historically quite important (as pretty much the perfect protest song), but...

http://youtu.be/m57gzA2JCcM

... probably won't go down that well at your average jam night.

Edited by Cato