Jump to content
Japhet

Who are you seeing live next?

Recommended Posts

On 20/09/2019 at 18:25, Stub Mandrel said:

It was going to be Saxon, Black Star Riders and Girlschool at Saxon's 'biggest ever Scottish gig'.

But poor Biff has to have a heart operation, so wishing him luck and a speedy recovery. Should be a song in it, at least...

 

Yup, we were going to this too. Lucky we didn't book accommodation but Ive used holidays. Gonna have to think of something else to do. Big mans health comes first right enough. Speedy recovery Biff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow: Jeff Berlin here in Amsterdam. I'll be interviewing him for my podcast! Let me know if you have any questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just scored tickets for Kate Rusby at the assembly rooms Edinburgh in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2019 at 10:50, BassAgent said:

Tomorrow: Jeff Berlin here in Amsterdam. I'll be interviewing him for my podcast! Let me know if you have any questions.

Could you ask him if it is confusing performing in one European capital when you are named after another? Thank you. 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bevis Frond, actually, last night!. Mainly went cos the guy my band backs up occasionally did an album with them, and I've had to play some of Ade Shaw's basslines. They were good in a psyche wig-out sort of way. 2 guitarists soloing at the same time isn't something I see a lot of these days!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

London Calling, Clash tribute band, at the Bullingdon in Oxford in a few weeks. I was going to see them next weekend in MK but we’ve got a gig that night now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, T-Bay said:

Got tickets for the Cult in Brum, can’t wait.

I'm going to see them in that London.

Sonic Templetastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning I could have said I was going to see Albert Lee tonight, but as I’ve just arrived home after the show, I can’t!

But as always he was brilliant.

i wish I could delve into his address book, the number of people he has worked with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless something comes up between now and then it's Mike Stern at the Venue in November. Jimmy Haslip on bass, happy days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleep in Brighton on Thursday, looking forward to hearing one chord for two hours 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am off to York tonight to see The Strawbs.

I only know "Part of the Union" ,from the seventies and I think I had the album that was out when it was a hit. 

Since then I have not listened to anything of theirs. When My friend told me about the gig I thought about listening to some of their output over the years but I decided to go with "open ears" and listen to them as if they were a new band.

I am assuming that after 50 years in the business they may well be able to bash out a tune or two!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be seeing Two Door Cinema Club at the Dome (yes, I know it's not technically called that, but the real name makes me cringe) on Friday night. I've actually never been to the venue before - I'm expecting the acoustics to be somewhere in the range between "unpleasantly boomy" and "inaudible mush".

S.P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stylon Pilson said:

I'll be seeing Two Door Cinema Club at the Dome (yes, I know it's not technically called that, but the real name makes me cringe) on Friday night. I've actually never been to the venue before - I'm expecting the acoustics to be somewhere in the range between "unpleasantly boomy" and "inaudible mush".

S.P.

so not the Dome at Finsbury Park then?

I've seen a few gigs at the O2, and while it's not my favourite venue, I can't remember the sound being a particular issue

fingers crossed for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raymondo said:

I am off to York tonight to see The Strawbs.

I only know "Part of the Union" ,from the seventies and I think I had the album that was out when it was a hit. 

Since then I have not listened to anything of theirs. When My friend told me about the gig I thought about listening to some of their output over the years but I decided to go with "open ears" and listen to them as if they were a new band.

I am assuming that after 50 years in the business they may well be able to bash out a tune or two!😀

I'm sure they will, a band with a good pedigree.  Past members included Rick Wakeman, Sandy Denny and Don Airey.

2dfa3b1204db608a1a93f55e14ee682a.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'm sure they will, a band with a good pedigree.  Past members included Rick Wakeman, Sandy Denny and Don Airey.

2dfa3b1204db608a1a93f55e14ee682a.png

It was Dave Cousins, Chas Cronk and Dave Lambert. Playing acoustically and chatting about the bands history. It was fabulous.

I was in awe of Chas Cronks' dexterity, playing twelve string and/or bass, whilst playing foot controlled bass and strings. Singing too !O.o

A very intimate gig, They were happy to chat afterwards with us mere mortals.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agnostic Front, in Bristol on Nov. 17th.

Edited by doomed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damnation Festival in Leeds next weekend - anyone else going?

Opeth, Mayhem, Alcest, Primordial, Mgla, Venom Prison, Gaahl's Wyrd, Raging Speedhorn, Big Business, The Vintage Caravan, Birds In Row, Blood Red Throne, Inter Arma, A Pale Horse Named Death, Jo Quail, Imperial Triumphant, Gost, Crowhurst, Lord Dying, Carnation, Wheel, Mork, Earth Ship, The Infernal Sea, Voices, Alunah, Dawn Ray'd, God Eater

Edited by Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Sunno)) on Saturday. Enough said!

Saw Sunn O))) (and more importantly Anna Von Hausswolff) last night. It was very much an old school Sunn O))) gig, compared to recent tours.

But I'm there on Saturday, I'm taking my dad as he's like Anna too. Wonder how far into Sunn O))) he'll last...
Then a day's rest before heading to the London show...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...