Why become a member? ×

How many basses have you bought off the Basschat marketplace?

Highfox

I haven't bought any basses, but I did buy an amp and 4 cabs.

I have only sold one bass on here and the process was such a pain full of tyre kickers and people who said they wanted to buy it and then disappeared never to be heard from again, that I've given up trying to sell here, and use eBay instead where my potential audience is much bigger, and more open-minded when it comes to the weirder end of the bass guitar market.

I don't have any problem buying basses without first trying them. My tastes are two esoteric for many instruments that I would be interested in to come up for sale anywhere where I am likely to be able to get to them before parting with my money, and the last bass I actually tried before buying only lasted 3 months before I stopped using it an put it up for sale.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1436089553' post='2814790']
I have only sold one bass on here and the process was such a pain full of tyre kickers and people who said they wanted to buy it and then disappeared never to be heard from again, that I've given up trying to sell here, and use eBay instead where my potential audience is much bigger, and more open-minded when it comes to the weirder end of the bass guitar market.
[/quote]

I must admit that although I am happy buying things here, I find it easier selling things on eBay, at least sold means sold there.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1436091038' post='2814804']
I find it easier selling things on eBay, at least sold means sold there.
[/quote]

Not always the case, imo. I've not had any problems on here, but of course ymmv and all that. :)

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1436091288' post='2814808']
This - word for word... :D
[/quote]

I've also had a good experience trading on here too - swapping amps backwards and forwards, that kind of thing... ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436096198' post='2814858'] Not always the case, imo. I've not had any problems on here, but of course ymmv and all that. :) I've also had a good experience trading on here too - swapping amps backwards and forwards, that kind of thing... ;) [/quote]

I have had a couple of trades that have gone fine, and a purchase that went well, but hassle selling several times. Been on eBay for 12 years with almost 600 feedback and only had 2 problems in that time. Obviously it could be just a case of being unlucky.

Bought one bass, exchanged it plus a bit of cash for another which I still have.

Also bought an amp.

Biggest category for me has been cabs. Bought one 4x10 and two braces of 1x12s, sold one of the braces of 1x12s.

I may have omitted something.

Although, that said, I bought a bass off Gumtree from a lovely gentleman who is a regular here and then sold it back to him a couple of years later. One of the two that I did buy off here sold locally, but again to someone who I think is a member here. Small world!

Edited by uncle psychosis

Bought 2 double basses
One of which I sold (not on here)

Bought my favourite RW Fender Jazz
and a lovely US 72 RI Jazz I'm not using (so I guess I should sell?)

Also my rather nice US P bass

Plus a couple of DB pickups, and other bits & pieces
EDIT: Some DB strings and some Phosphor Bronze strings too....

.... thinking about it
I've a lot to thank the market place for :)

Edited by Marc S

Most of my basses and amplification came from here! And several predecessors too... :blush:

I've done quite a few trades on here as well as sales and purchases, but interestingly all my leads and pedals were bought new.

So far, almost 100% of my experiences in the BC Marketplace have been positive, and even the negative ones weren't that bad! :)

Adding to me earlier post,
I suddenly remembered,
I bought my PJ amp head and 2 PJ 4x5 speaker cabs from Spacechick on here too
Sold one of the cabs since (again, not on here)

So I've even more to be thankful to BC Marketplace for :)

... or Mrs S has even LESS to be thankful to BC for ;)