Why become a member? ×

How many basses have you bought off the Basschat marketplace?

Highfox

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1436464763' post='2818404']
One. When I arrived in the forum in the first place. EDIT: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/17680-sold-warwick-rock-bass-5-string-in-blue/page__p__283311__fromsearch__1#entry283311"]The thread is still there![/url]
[/quote]

Well that was a bargain. Shame the pics are gone.

Basses? Just the one actually! A 5 string, which I probably gigged three times... Never got on with it even though it's a lovely bass. Strangely I'm very much at home with 4 or 6!

Got 4 basses off eBay though :D

But I have bought an amp, a combo, 4 pedals and a few packs of strings off here :D

I've bought 3 or 4. I like simple transactions - agree price with minimum hassle-pay money quickly-deliver/pick up asap.

Buying on here like that is no problem, apart from one bass I bought here which was a lemon. Selling is another matter - much much better via Ebay. Too many dreamers/tyre kickers/timewasters here.

I wouldn't recommend selling here.

[quote name='sammybee' timestamp='1436472952' post='2818509']
...much much better via Ebay. Too many dreamers/tyre kickers/timewasters here. I wouldn't recommend selling here.
[/quote]

Way cheaper to sell here. You'll pay 10% final value fee on eBay. That's £30 on [i]one[/i] £300 bass. Here you pay £20 for a year and sell as much as you like. I've been buying and selling on here for five years and haven't encountered a single dreamer/tyre-kicker or timewaster... whereas I've had problems with dolts and morons on eBay. Are you confusing BassChat with another forum..? :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436488049' post='2818625']
Way cheaper to sell here. You'll pay 10% final value fee on eBay. That's £30 on [i]one[/i] £300 bass. Here you pay £20 for a year and sell as much as you like. I've been buying and selling on here for five years and haven't encountered a single dreamer/tyre-kicker or timewaster... whereas I've had problems with dolts and morons on eBay. Are you confusing BassChat with another forum..? :)
[/quote]

No definitely much better on Ebay. Here is great for buying (shhhh dont let the folks who buy on Ebay hear that). But Ebay is king for selling even with the 10% fees. I've been buying and selling gear for longer than I care to remember (mostly synths & electronics not so much basses) and always walk away with a profit/break even on the 'bay.

Purely from personal experience, I can't agree with this eBay favoring, perhaps it depends on what you're selling?

From memory, I've sold 16 high end basses on here. That's cost me £60 over 3 years, on eBay i'd have been charge between £70 - £300 for EACH BASS, averaging around £180 I'd guess. I've sold on Basschat.....

2 x Original 1966 Precision
1 x Original 1957 Precision
1x Original 1969 Precision
1x Original 1972 Jazz
1 x Custom Shop 1955 Precision
1 x Custom Shop Pino Precision
3 x Custom Shop 1964 Precision
1 x Custom Shop 1964 Jazz Bass
4 x Modulus Flea Bass (3 advertised and 1 from a guy whio already bought from me via BC)
1 x USA Std Jazz

So eBay, you can lick my boots old boy.

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='sammybee' timestamp='1436516664' post='2818699']
No definitely much better on Ebay. Here is great for buying (shhhh dont let the folks who buy on Ebay hear that). But Ebay is king for selling even with the 10% fees. I've been buying and selling gear for longer than I care to remember (mostly synths & electronics not so much basses) and always walk away with a profit/break even on the 'bay.
[/quote]

Horses for courses and all that, and obviously your mileage has varied, but I think referring to various of the BC membership as 'tyre-kickers and timewasters' may be a tad harsh! I've not experienced either on here, but there you go. Opinions are what a forum is all about. :)

Bought one and sold two and that includes going back to bassworld days. I think I'd already gone through my main GAS days by the time I discovered bassworld (as it was then) and had settled down to a 'buy what I need, sell what I don't' ethos by then, hence only very occasional trading on here. Obviously I don't have much experience to go on but I recall of the 2 basses I sold (several years apart) the first sale went very smoothly but the more recent one was more protracted though once the actual final buyer came forward it was all very straightforward. Got left hanging by a few before that final deal happened though. The 2 sales were so far apart there would be a lot more bc members by the second one so inevitably you'll get more tyre kickers.