Why become a member? ×

poor attitude from newbie & me

artisan

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1425578611' post='2708805']

Not strictly true, as this is not gender specific. You can expect to receive a friendly "Orroit, moy luvvur?" from members of either sex, whether different to yours or not. Wurzel-manglers are not fussy :lol:
[/quote]

Absolutely, it was an earlier post that was making gender distinctions. If you wannabe mot luvverrr...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425557657' post='2708533']
Has anyone got anything else to eat? I'm still hungry and it's nearly time for [i]Bargain Hunt.[/i]
[/quote]

Well, if anyone else still had a doughnut, you wouldn't have eaten the last one, would you?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425557657' post='2708533']...
Has anyone got anything else to eat? I'm still hungry and it's nearly time for [i]Bargain Hunt.[/i]
[/quote]

There [i]was [/i]someone offering a free Mars bar a while back, but it might be gone by now. :mellow:

I've got some cold chips still in the car that I had before band practice, only one owner, very low mileage, no expense spared on their upkeep. They were from a Chinese takeaway so are really crunchy. There' say bit of satay sauce I'll throw up, sorry in for free as well. You're not having the Chinese New Year calendar though.

Actually maybe I should have bought them in with me.....

A bit more silly than usual round here today... Suppose it is Friday!

I've asked people to hold items before, but I've always agreed a time period, typically 24 hours. 3 1/2 hours is taking the piss more than a little! As pointed out, not everyone can drop everything to respond properly to a basschat PM.

On the flipside I've had "I'll be transferring money this afternoon" only to never hear from the individual again. There's a handy block users feature here for just such occasions! I've only used it once, but it's satisfying...

My feeling is agree a hold period up front (if you're inclined to hold it at all), don't extend it if you've other interested buyers, keep feedback threads updated with these details of all transactions including negative ones otherwise what's the point! Always check for feedback if there is any (obviously none in this case).

I suppose ultimately if you're not happy with a seller (or a buyer) then you do have the option of letting your views be known via the BC feedback system... so if you get a rep as a difficult seller (or buyer) then that will be reflected. I always check people's feedback - usually AFTER I've committed to buying or selling! D'oh! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I had the last piece of leftover pizza for breakfast! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaahhhh!! *BUUURRP!*

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425636265' post='2709209'] Anyway, I had the last piece of leftover pizza for breakfast! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaahhhh!! *BUUURRP!* [/quote]

you carry on, I'll just settle for this Krispy Kreme Reese's Peanutbutter donut...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425636265' post='2709209']
I suppose ultimately if you're not happy with a seller (or a buyer) then you do have the option of letting your views be known via the BC feedback system... so if you get a rep as a difficult seller (or buyer) then that will be reflected. I always check people's feedback - usually AFTER I've committed to buying or selling! D'oh! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I had the last piece of leftover pizza for breakfast! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaahhhh!! *BUUURRP!*
[/quote]
That's the second verse!

[quote name='Bikenbass' timestamp='1425653244' post='2709433']
That's the second verse!
[/quote]

:D Had the last of the peanut butter in a sandwich for lunch... and Friday night is Takeaway Night! Yay!
...Though to be honest my guts are feeling a little bit queasy for some reason... *squeaky fart* Urrgghh!

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1425460683' post='2707474']
so i had a newbie with 0 posts offer to but am item i have for sale along with several PM's from other people but he was the first.
so i put them on hold for him & gave him payment details,3 1/2 hours after reading my reply he still hadn't replied to me to confirm he was buying or sent any payment so naturally i sold said item to the next person in the "queue"
when i told the original no show newbie i received this reply
"[color=#282828]Just got your messages, thanks, it is always good to be called mate by somebody, thanks mate. At least I now know what "on hold" means. I'm glad I didn't gift you 25 quid. Cheers anyway, Pete x"[/color]

[color=#282828]perhaps if he'd bothered to reply he wouldn't be so upset.[/color]

[color=#282828]i have dealt with many BC members over the years without issue,all deals have been pleasant & gone smoothly,however it seems some newer members have a very poor attitude,maybe its a sign of the times.[/color]
[/quote]

Unbelievable aren't they.
Had one guy buying a pedal off me "definitely wanted it" gave him my bank details and after no contact "I got one somewhere else" was my reply after querying the length of time for the payment.

[quote name='blamelouis' timestamp='1425672848' post='2709693']
Unbelievable aren't they.
Had one guy buying a pedal off me "definitely wanted it" gave him my bank details and after no contact "I got one somewhere else" was my reply after querying the length of time for the payment.
[/quote]

Did you post that as feedback..?

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1425730701' post='2710123']
Mmmmm. 3.5 hours is a meeting or a gig or a flight or any one of a thousand other legitimate things that could make responding on Basschat potentially problematic. Not much sympathy, I am afraid.
[/quote]

Post curry porcelain appointment...

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1425732726' post='2710142']
I usually give people 48hrs to reply, but if they were really interested in what I was selling you would expect them to reply sooner than that.
[/quote]
exactly,he read my reply & all he had to do was say "yes I definitely want the strings & will sort payment as soon as I can "
but apparently this was too much trouble for him & as I had another buyer desperate to give me his money it was a no brainer for me.

Edited by artisan