Why become a member? ×

poor attitude from newbie & me

artisan

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425467781' post='2707561']
Chief? Squire? Bud? Son? Guv? ...Silly Bollocks?
[/quote]

Assuming the three and a half hour slacker is male of course. Otherwise we are getting into,
Darling, Lovey, Hun (assuming she is German), Babe, Norma.
:D

Edited by lowdown

I am with the 3.5hrs simply not being long enough by some margin camp.

Notwithstanding that, I sold something recently to a longstanding member of BC (with no issue whatsoever), however, I recieved PMs from two new members who had not made a single post to the forum prior to my advert. I did not know them and had no background to location or anything. I did try to do a deal with one, on the basis of cash on delivery / collection and they went silent. I gave them a week before moving on. From what I can see they have dissappeared completely.

I will always be harder on a newbie with zero history and limited background but try to give some leeway. There has to be some mechanism to weed out the potential scams but there are so many reasons for someone not coming back; from the macabre to the downright rude with a millon reasons inbetween. No point in getting het up, just move on.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1425473990' post='2707675']
Assuming the three and a half hour slacker is male of course. Otherwise we are getting into,
Darling, Lovey, Hun (assuming she is German), Babe, Norma.
:D
[/quote]

And then there are the regional variations, from Pet in the NE to My Lover in the SW, etc. etc....

I had a newbie, before Christmas, ask me to hold my Bleached Blonde Thumb for him. He was away on hol for a week. Two days after I knew him to be back, I saw him pm Kev, and buy Kev's Dirty Blonde Thumb.
Not a word to me.
So I pm'd him the next day and he admitted to it.
So 11 days on hold and the twat did not have the courtesy to pm me and say he'd bought something else.
Since then, only the chosen few will get an "on hold".

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1425475732' post='2707695']
I had a newbie, before Christmas, ask me to hold my Bleached Blonde Thumb for him. He was away on hol for a week. Two days after I knew him to be back, I saw him pm Kev, and buy Kev's Dirty Blonde Thumb.
Not a word to me.
So 11 days on hold and the twat did not have the courtesy to pm me and say he'd bought something else.
[/quote]

Too many innuendos

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1425475732' post='2707695'] I had a newbie, before Christmas, ask me to hold my Bleached Blonde Thumb for him. He was away on hol for a week. Two days after I knew him to be back, I saw him pm Kev, and buy Kev's Dirty Blonde Thumb. Not a word to me. So I pm'd him the next day and he admitted to it. So 11 days on hold and the twat did not have the courtesy to pm me and say he'd bought something else. Since then, only the chosen few will get an "on hold". [/quote]

I've still got my Mustang (loan) on hold for you since last August :lol:

I had a newbie ask me to hold my Bleached Blonde Thumb for him.
[/quote]

I thought I was fairly broad-minded but I've got to say, that is a [i]really [/i]unusual fetish.

Edited by discreet

I look at the amps and cabs section every day looking for something to take my fancy. I see a lot of Pm`d messages, and the seller saying still up for sale a few days later. I always wonder if it is down to people wasting the sellers time. 3.5 hours is very harsh though. I woiuld at least wait till the next day and pm asking if buyer is still interested.If no reply 3.5 hours later, then i would think it would be ok to sell to the reserve

Not a word to me.
[/quote]
Sorry but I'd have given the f***er a very sharp verbal slap for that. Completely unacceptable and damned inconsiderate.

I've had people on here get funny with me for not replying to PM's straight away. Sometimes, amidst the absolute carnage that is my job, I may get the chance to take 30 seconds to see if a BC'er has replied to the message I sent at 7am before work, but I will often unlikely have the time to fire back a response.

If it's a payment for something, well that would mean waiting til I can get home to log in to my online banking, which would have to wait until after I've picked up the kid, fed her, put her to bed, walked the dog, cooked dinner, ate dinner, at least attempted to make the house a bit tidier, before I finally get around to sorting it out at roughly 9pm.

3.5 hours wouldn't work for me.

Surely the easiest solution would be to include a *will sell to quickest payer* in a 'for sale' thread if you're picky about buyers taking too long to organise payment. That way, you know that the seller will sell to the first person that organises themselves and pays up quickest. That would stop people from feeling like they have a right to an item because they sent a message first. It might offend a small few but, it's ultimately up to the seller who has paid the marketplace fees to decide who they sell too but the transparency would help everyone. That would then let the buyer know what they're dealing with and visa-versa.

*i should be clear that I think the OP was a bit unreasonable to try and shame someone because they took longer than a couple of hours to sort out payment when they had no way of knowing the OP was wanting fast payment*

Edited by skej21

Well, I'd argue that 3.5 hours isn't even holding something. If it was the OP actually agreed to put the item 'on hold pending payment', as we see so often on BC, then selling to another party after 3.5hrs is pretty poor. If the buyer still hadn't paid up after 24 hours I'd at least send a message to let him know I had other people interested, and did he still want the item.

But yes, it could have been solved by some simple communication.

I have to say in my own defence that the guy hadn't given me a 100% yes as to buying it,no one seems to have read that part.
I would happily wait a day or two for payment but I would expect a confirmation of buying pretty quick especially when I have other buyers waiting,this is what I didn't get,my post isn't about payment.
ta

I have to say in my own defence that the guy hadn't given me a 100% yes as to buying it,no one seems to have read that part.
I would happily wait a day or two for payment but I would expect a confirmation of buying pretty quick especially when I have other buyers waiting,this is what I didn't get,my post isn't about payment.
I didn't really explain this very well in my post,sorry,I have now edited it.
ta

Edited by artisan

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1425504989' post='2708076']
ta
[/quote]

Evidently not!

If he didn't give you a solid guarantee to buy it, and you hadn't confirmed that you would hold it for him, then it's a non issue. First come first served!

:)

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1425504989' post='2708076']
ta
[/quote]

It's all about clear comms.

You hadn't said this in your OP. Maybe your comms weren't that cool.