Why become a member? ×

poor attitude from newbie & me

artisan

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1425501051' post='2708017']
I've had people on here get funny with me for not replying to PM's straight away. Sometimes, amidst the absolute carnage that is my job, I may get the chance to take 30 seconds to see if a BC'er has replied to the message I sent at 7am before work, but I will often unlikely have the time to fire back a response.

If it's a payment for something, well that would mean waiting til I can get home to log in to my online banking, which would have to wait until after I've picked up the kid, fed her, put her to bed, walked the dog, cooked dinner, ate dinner, at least attempted to make the house a bit tidier, before I finally get around to sorting it out at roughly 9pm.

3.5 hours wouldn't work for me.
[/quote] I have had my phone in my pocket randomly reload pages so it's marked as read on basschat even if I've not realised it's open on my phone in a window somewhere. Possibly my fault but *shrug*.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1425521538' post='2708233']
My gumtree name (if there is such a thing) is randomjoebollocks53. PM me sometime and we can quote Swinburne to each other.

[i]And in other news...[/i]

This 'Will sell to quickest payer' thing could easily be misconstrued as seller's hyperbole similar to 'First to see will buy'. Throw in some stuff like 'drives superb', 'shabby chic' and 'plays like buttah' and there's every chance people might come round just to slap the seller in the chops. And rightly so.

It's funny, because I've been unloading all sorts of stuff on Gumtree recently. The non-musical stuff attracts pleasant, reliable people who pay the asking price, arrive on time and depart with the goods. The musical gear often pulls in drab, hopeless teen f**ktards who open with 'Knock of fifty quid M8 and I'll hav it' then get tearful when you say 'Thanks but no thanks'.
[/quote] My best is still the guy who offered me half the amount I asked for as it had a few knocks.... on a 30 year old bass! utter tool.
[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1425603888' post='2709087']
Where oh where is Fumps?
[/quote] Over the other side of the river to me here in Leeds - want me to go wave at him from the window?

Sometimes things are beyond people's control.

I saw a tent on another forum, I have the same tent but it might be good to have another one of the same for the kids to use.

The tent was advertised as having one pole broken. No worries I goggled a new one was £20. Tent was worth £140 new. I PM'd and offered him £70. Although I was only really testing the water and being opportunistic.

I was going up north that weekend and said I could pick it up.

He replied that he was moving and couldn't meet that weekend and the tent would be packed up with his belongings anyway.

I replied no problems, and to let me know when he'd moved and we could work something out.

Never heard from him again and I never contacted him.

Not sure which of us was doing the time wasting on that one :D

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1425766959' post='2710586']
I was roped into this thread but you're all poles apart.

Edit before the grammar police attack.
[/quote]

How so..? You're correctly using the present tense. :mellow:

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1425760418' post='2710532']
Sometimes I feel like a wigwam and sometimes I feel like a teepee. The psychiatrist told me I was too tense. :D
[/quote]

Yes, I had to give up camping because of a drink problem. Couldn't sleep, you see. All that constant tea pee... :blush:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1425767587' post='2710597']
Yes, I had to give up camping because of a drink problem. Couldn't sleep, you see. All that constant tea pee... :blush:
[/quote]

Lack of sleep is really bad for you...
people have been known to wigwam out.