Why become a member? ×

How do you store your bass(es)?

Skol303

I have a small collection of basses (a whopping 2 in total) and am currently pondering different storage options. So I thought I'd post a poll to gauge how other BC members like to store their prized possessions at home... and why.

We have a 3 year-old in the house, so I'm currently considering wall hangers until he's a little older and his fingers are less sticky.

[i]So what do you do with yours?[/i]

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1392222082' post='2366147']
so the basses (and guitars) that I play most regularly are out on a variety of floor stands ready to be used. The ones that I don't currently play are stored in their cases.
[/quote]

That's me as well :)
The basses I use for gigs and practice normally stay in their case's and my home practice basses are mainly on stands in the mancave

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1392222082' post='2366147']
the basses (and guitars) that I play most regularly are out on a variety of floor stands ready to be used. The ones that I don't currently play are stored in their cases.
[/quote]

Pretty much the same for me. The one which is out will change depending on what I'm up to gig or practise-wise.
Having at least one out all the time means that it's easy to grab time for practice and 'fun'. I often grab a couple of minutes before leaving for work in the morning. I find having to unpack an instrument from its case or bag is a real barrier to any kind of regular playing.

Edited by Len_derby

Can I go for a mix of all the above? I've got a couple of guitars on the walls, some on a triple stand by the sofa, a few leaning against amps and stuff in the spare room, a pile of cases in the studio, with a bunch of things in there, and I've probably forgotten a few (I think I left one in the boot of the car last week...)
I voted the last option. :)

Have 8 basses (was9 until last year). My jd bass is by the fireplace, next to a buottle of jd. My Telebass is in a roksak gigbag.
My washburn status is in the bedroom leaning against the glass shelving unit in my bedroom. The rest are in a warwick rack which I hate.
Previously , before my brother invaded my spare room ( was/is a music room), I had 2 basses on the wall and the rest below.
The hooks are still in the wall , and when he moves out approx 2 years time, I will have a different setup.

Eight in a rack in what used to be a music room, now it's child number two's room, but sadly also the only place they can go. If child number two begins to mess with them a rethink may have to happen.
About wether to keep child number two.

One (guitar, not child) in the basement which is my rehearsal room but not suitable for long term storage of instruments.

My guitars are on one of those 5-guitar stands. I use gig bags so they're in the bags, on the stand, bags are not zipped up so I can pull them out, but it means I don't bang them together when I put one back. ;)

My double basses are sharing an alcove in the dining room, one in each corner. They can't be walked past, and the dog steers well clear.