Why become a member? ×

How do you store your bass(es)?

Skol303

I have no particular place in the house in which I store my guitars and I'm a bugger for coming in from rehearsal or gigs and propping the case against a wall, behind the sofa, next to my desk, etc...

This winds the GF up no end and I'm continually being told to tidy them away, but until she stops referring to individual instruments as the blue one, the brown one, the shiny one, (I know, annoying isn't it?) instead of their proper names, I will continue to scatter them about the household.

It's only a matter of time before I come home to a bonfire in the back garden with my Fender Jazz in flames, but I'll deal with that when it happens...

Edited by Mark Dyer

I have a rack behind where I sit at my PC, awfy handy for playing away with whatever annoying sounds happen when on the interweb. I have a 2 yr old so have hair bobbles wrapped around the top of the rack to stop little un pulling them down.......It's only a tempory plan as she's a bright wee thing and will no doubt figure it out soon....also it doesnt stop her messing with my EQ levels!

[quote name='Mark Dyer' timestamp='1392386665' post='2368031']
I have no particular place in the house in which I store my guitars and I'm a bugger for coming in from rehearsal or gigs and propping the case against a wall, behind the sofa, next to my desk, etc...

This winds the GF up no end and I'm continually being told to tidy them away, but until she stops referring to individual instruments as the blue one, the brown one, the shiny one, (I know, annoying isn't it?) instead of their proper names, I will continue to scatter them about the household.

It's only a matter of time before I come home to a bonfire in the back garden with my Fender Jazz in flames, but I'll deal with that when it happens...
[/quote]
Maybe give them more appropriate names than Slutmagnet and DeependDominator.

My prized Ibanez SR1000 lives in it's hard case and I take it out to play it.

My electro-acoustic is in it's case in the spare bedroom.

My old faithful SR300 is on a guitar stand in my living room next to my practice amp, as is my SR300 fretless.
Although when my nephew and niece come, these also get put in cases and put in a safe place!

• 9 months later...

Appreciate this thread is from Feb, but can see a few still following it.

Does anyone have any recommendations / avoids, for a 5 bass rack?

Is this Hercules the one to get ? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-GS525B-Guitar-Rack-Guitars/dp/B004P0MWCU/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1417181124&sr=8-13&keywords=bass+guitar+rack