Why become a member? ×

Most popular Amp ?

dmccombe7

Not sure if this has been done before but was wondering what the most popular amps being used by BC'ers at the moment.

Question is :- what are you using and main reason why. ?

I'm using Genz STL600 & GK MB200 - lightweight and best of tube & SS amp sounds.

Dave

I'm using an Orange Bass Terror 500 head with one Gallien-Krueger MBE 410 cab, both because they're really light and I got fed up of lugging my old Marshall stack to gigs and rehearsal.

It's got a nice sound with plenty of volume and I can add a second cab if I ever need to (I probably won't).

Mahoosssivvee +1 on Hartke gear, I've used them before and they really are excellent value!

I've been using the Aguilar AG500 SC for a few years now, love it, not the smallest or lightest by any stretch, but I've yet to play anything that sounds better to my ears. More than loud enough and you can get a beefy sound out of it! Plus, like all discontinued Aguilar heads, they have risen in demand. Yippee-ky-yay motherfuc...!

Dan

SWR SM400 bridged into a Hartke Hydrive 410. I use it because it sounds superb no matter which bass goes through it and it's LOUD!

Also it's not as heavy as any of the other rigs I've had. (Putting wheels on the Hydrive might be considered cheating, but you know what I mean).

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1378560222' post='2201829']
I usa an Aguilar DB680 preamp through a 1,200 watt power amp, into Aguilar DB410 cabs. Sounds nice.
[/quote]

Most of Scotland probably agrees! Where some of the members on this forum get too unleash the full potential of their rigs I've no idea.
See signature for mine, love it to bits despite a few niggles with the head, but get lots of compliments about the sound, even hire it out a bit.

Markbass LM3 because it had the warmest sound of the lightweight amps I tried, and 2 Aguilar GS112 cabs because they had a good reputation and there were a couple second hand ones for sale on here.
Very happy with my sound and not going to change anything anytime soon.

Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 plus Bergantino AE210.

The TH heads are surprisingly powerful (they match the 900w that some manufacturers claim) and have an instantly useable tone straight out of the box.

The Berg is light, fits into the boot of a small car, has plenty of low end extension, and looks classy :)

Little Mark III, which must be one of the most popular amps on here? With a Club 600f32, which probably not many others here use?!
Anyway, I use the amp because, as already mentioned, it has a great warm sound. Also, is easy to set up and get good tones from. I use it in my originals and covers band, it's very versatile.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1378583629' post='2202204']
Markbass CMD121P & NY121. Bought for practicality as both lightweight and small, but also for the sound as every time I`ve heard a bassist use a Markbass rig (especially with a Precision) I`ve loved the tone.
[/quote]

The exact rig I'm trying to work out how to afford. I love my hartke/bf rig but I want to go even smaller.