Why become a member? ×

Which Basschatters bass would you most like to own? (and why?)

EBS_freak

Rick'sFine'52's Ric 4005. Its my dream bass, the first thing id buy if i won the lotto would be a 4005. Drooled over them for years, a lovely cherryburst style one and id die a happy man. Id happily trade ALL my gear for one

I was really quite happy with my stuff and not really coveting anybody else's bass until I saw a one-year old Precision for sale. I had fancied one of the new Amercian Standard Precisions to add to my other two precisions and when Mr. Zed was selling his 2010 sunburst and maple neck precision I kept going back to the ad. After some domestic negotiation the inevitable happened and the bass now resides in chez Hutton. What a cracker it is too!!

I would say either, anyone who has an original '51 Precision or maybe anyone who has the James Jamerson Re-issue Precision. Either of those would make me happy.

As for a bass I know of, then probably Telebass's 51 Precision re-issue which I believe is in yellow.

Pantherairsoft's Roscoe fretless 6 string.

He kindly let me have a long play on it at the SE Bass Bash, best fretless bass I've ever played (possibly just teh best bass I've ever played).

Absolutely gorgeous tone, unbelievably easy to play, just a shame I didnt have one of those Men In Black flasher things to erase all memory of it from his mind (just look into the light a minute Shep.......FSCSHHHHHZZZZ.... "Hey thats a nice bass you've got there Si", "Why yes it is Shep, thank you very much :)")...

cd_david's black 75 Jazz 'cause it's lush.... http://basschat.co.uk/topic/127704-jazz/page__view__findpost__p__1167282

or bassassin's Tokai Talbo to be different... http://basschat.co.uk/topic/91303-tokai-talbo-as-new-condition-rarer-than-a-rare-thing/page__hl__talbo

Completely happy with the basses I have at the moment, but really liked the look of:

Red Japanese Jazz bass owned by Silddx
White Goodfellow owned by EBS Freak
Red Big Al owned by Grand Wazoo, and probably the Dingwalls too

Haven't played any of them so maybe they wouldn't have been right for me.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1320652198' post='1429268']

Works for you too eh?

[/quote]
Indeed it does! :)
I've actually thought long and hard on the topic of this thead, and this GB really is something outside of the ordinary.
Lovely, a big thumbs up!

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1320590078' post='1428638']
This [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/119273-sold-warwick-streamer-ct/page__hl"]http://basschat.co.u...mer-ct/page__hl[/url]

So I bought it last month :) It's the best bass ever.
[/quote]

I was thinking this.

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1320773179' post='1431257']
Completely happy with the basses I have at the moment, but really liked the look of:

Red Japanese Jazz bass owned by Silddx
White Goodfellow owned by EBS Freak
Red Big Al owned by Grand Wazoo, and probably the Dingwalls too

Haven't played any of them so maybe they wouldn't have been right for me.
[/quote]

It would be quite good to just [i]be[/i] Grand Wazoo for a wee while. Lots of nice basses and a big ship to play with.
Actually I don't know if thats a good idea....

oh, and the ones with LEDs..

MB1. :)
You Cheeky Moncky Dave! to the Naughty Step Now! :)
I have been reliably informed by Mr Witterth on the forum that even if you have l.e.ds?, you dont necessarily have to have them switched on! :)
I am hoping this is the case as i have booked an Xfactor finalist to pop round and switch them on at the beginning of December.