Why become a member? ×

Ernie Ball Online Configurator

Blasphemy on this forum, I know, but I can't wait until they add guitars to the configurator!

I won't be ordering as the pricing is out of my league, but I've always had a thing for their guitars. 

I've had a bit of a go in the last few days and my spec comes out roughly the same as a standard Stingray Special once it's shipped to the UK with duty and VAT ect. Not that bad. I really fancy one.

I'm still not that mad about most of the colours though.  They seem to given folk a wider choice of hideous to choose from. 

6 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Blasphemy on this forum, I know, but I can't wait until they add guitars to the configurator!

I won't be ordering as the pricing is out of my league, but I've always had a thing for their guitars. 

They could add the Bongo and Sterling, too.

Be nice if they offered a choice of Alnico, Ceramic and Neodymium pickups.

Similarly, there's no facility to have black knobs on a silver plate and vice versa, etc.

Edited by Lfalex v1.1
  • Like 1

208-A20-Z18-BG1-MB-BB-ST5-RS5

^^ That's my build code ^^

I couldn't grab an image of it so the code above should help, but there's no reverse headstocks so it's a moot point for me (he says, like I could afford one anyway 😂), and at $3349, I'd absolutely want what I want, and what I want is a reversed headstock, and three pickups.

Mark

17 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I'd go natural, rosewood board, chrome hardware, black plate - just like 'Nards one.

And the SLO neck profile.

$2999 which is about £2377 today + shipping + vat = about £2971.

Maple board, then!  Looks like he had two, or switched pickguards from time to time. 

IMG_5564.jpeg.fb292d9e7cd982dae0f164948aed43f1.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg.8279b665c8e05e2d3beb2bd0d4a48c54.jpeg

On 08/04/2024 at 11:47, BassApprentice said:

Something to while away 15 minutes or so on a Monday - https://www.music-man.com/custom-design-experience

Ignore the silly prices and make a few Stingray specs. Nothing ground breaking on the tool but fun nonetheless, the coloured pole pieces are a nice touch.

image.thumb.png.e17faa390836b62d3d1286ed3788bf22.png

They used to have this back in the early 2000s when they had a vastly bigger range of basses, finishes and options. Was gutted they removed it as you could construct a nice big jpeg from it.

Ooh, cool, they’ve brought back the SLO Special nut width!

Edited by Quatschmacher

It's a cool toy, never seen a 3D configurator before. Very nicely done. 

But I'm a Bongo guy - once they start offering those through the configurator, I'm in. My bank account will hate me though...  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thunderpaws said:

What I do t get is, how Musicman with most probably a bigger budget can’t do their customisation version as well as this from Halo (who I’ve never heard of before😂

https://www.haloguitars.com/store/custom-bass.html

That is quite cool, still pricey, however.

09F1E72E-5686-4043-9976-6A15F46CA8D0.thumb.jpeg.160f1b7cd66fb4e134cbd86e4f2d3912.jpeg

A similar build from Maruszczyk is a fair bit less.

B641DBA0-6BD1-496F-8C1D-58F60FAF9267.thumb.jpeg.26f91c2c780e6afcccf496cf6200a0a4.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thunderpaws said:

What I do t get is, how Musicman with most probably a bigger budget can’t do their customisation version as well as this from Halo (who I’ve never heard of before😂

https://www.haloguitars.com/store/custom-bass.html

No personal experience but iirc Halo was synonymous with over promising and under delivering on some other forums I've been on. Caveat emptor...