Why become a member? ×

Amazing rehearsal review

sbrag

So our first rehearsal for a while last night at our usual spot. We use a village church and have done for years at reasonable rates with our fees being welcomed to the up keep of the building. After we finished our drummer had this on his car which I am temped to add to our posters and possibly a t-shirt. I also think "The Gospel of Salvation" could be a great future band name!Screenshot_20240222_114647_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.a819adc870a52c8c1ad20e4f50bd8410.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 22

5 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

There's nothing in the passages indicated referring to music at all, still less 'abomination'. There's no sense to it. :|

Try Psalm 95 : 1-2..?

I was wondering which rock bands King James was listening to back then.

35 minutes ago, sbrag said:

So our first rehearsal for a while last night at our usual spot. We use a village church and have done for years at reasonable rates with our fees being welcomed to the up keep of the building. After we finished our drummer had this on his car which I am temped to add to our posters and possibly a t-shirt. I also think "The Gospel of Salvation" could be a great future band name!Screenshot_20240222_114647_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.a819adc870a52c8c1ad20e4f50bd8410.jpg

Shouldn't this have been posted in the Playing in Church thread 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sbrag said:

I'd be well pleased with that. 

Abomination to God would be my first album title. 

• Like 1

You have to frame it 😁

I'm a worship leader at a Baptist Church and I love METAL !! 🤘🏼

Counter their scribble with Psalm 33:1-3....

Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous;
    it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
Praise the Lord with the harp;
    make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
Sing to him a new song;
    play skillfully, and shout for joy.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'd be well pleased with that. 

Abomination to God would be my first album title. 

Sound like a John Peel session. Gospel of Salvation with their new song Abomination to God!

• Like 1

Bass players and producers are fine, can't vouch for the rest of the band. 

Matthew 5:5, "Blessed are the poor in wallet, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who hold down the low end, for they will be comforted. Blessed is Joe Meek, for he will inherit the earth." 

• Like 1

To be fair, the Lord is not a fan of the jazz or blues jam:

Amos 6:

1.  Woe to you who are complacent in Zion, and to you who feel secure on Mount Samaria, you notable men of the foremost nation, to whom the people of Israel come!

2 Go to Kalneh and look at it; go from there to great Hamath, and then go down to Gath in Philistia. Are they better off than your two kingdoms? Is their land larger than yours?

3 You put off the day of disaster and bring near a reign of terror.

4 You lie on beds adorned with ivory and lounge on your couches. You dine on choice lambs and fattened calves.

5 You strum away on your harps like David and improvise on musical instruments.

That's awesome - and worth framing in the same way as noise abatement notices from the council!

I both play in a church on Sundays, and used to be in a covers band that practiced mid-week in a big old Anglican church - I do recall someone once coming in while we were playing Deep Purple's Hush and say something similar...  I think we told them we would only play songs about God from then on and promptly started Stairway to Heaven next...