Why become a member? ×

Emergency pick storage

SteveXFR

I use a pick holder on my mic stand and have a couple in there. Ok if you do vocals (I do backing). Otherwise a few in your back pocket? In one song I start with pick, then fingers, then back to pick, so store it in my back pocket.

Edited by mep
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bassmidget209 said:

I always keep one slotted in the gap between the body and my bridge pickup (your bass may vary) I use 1mm picks typically, which I believe is not your bag but try it. It feel it's like a sidearm. Always in perfect reach when needed 

I do also use 1mm picks. I mostly play around the bridge pickup and get a bit lively at times, I'd probably hit them all on to the floor. I've also not got a pick guard on my Ibanez 

Undergo plastic surgery and have a small skin pocket made, just big enough to contain one pick, on your forehead? 

Alternatively sew (or super glue, though you would have to be mindful for it to actually work as intended) a small leather patch, forming a pocket, at the bridge end of your strap, similar to the one mentioned in the post above this one.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bassmidget209 said:

I always keep one slotted in the gap between the body and my bridge pickup (your bass may vary) I use 1mm picks typically, which I believe is not your bag but try it. It feel it's like a sidearm. Always in perfect reach when needed 

Same style here, except without the weapon analogy ;) :)

Edited by ahpook

I haven't lost a pick mid song yet, though I'm sure it will happen.  Particularly when it's hot and sweaty my pick does often shift between thumb and forefinger.  I suppose I would carry on with fingers and grab a pick if there is a break in the bass line during the song.

I normally leave a couple of picks on top of my amp or in my left pocket.

Nothing for bass - I very rarely use a plectrum and keep a couple in my wallet. For guitar, I have a (black) pick holder stuck to the front of my (black) Variax 300 to hold my (black) plectrums but haven't done anything for the JTV59 yet as I'm a bit more wary of detracting from its appearance.

• Like 1