Why become a member? ×

McCartney's Lost Hofner - The Project to find it.

Buddster

Bit gutted that the current media blitz on this means that my chances of getting a "cavern" spec German Hofner at a bargain price are going to be minimal for a while.

But that's very selfish of me - I do hope it finds its way back to him. I can't imagine it will though: surely it has spent the last few decades in the hands of "private" traders/collectors...

• Like 1

I see it on the bay...

Tuners had been re-aligned, the nut scalloped and a replacement bridge hanging over the end... Something about achieving a perfect balance...

Not sure if it was Macca's signature was on the headstock in sharpie? 

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't seen this on here, but it seems to be getting a bit of traction in the news.  Might be of interest to someone!

I can't say I'm particularly bothered or enamoured with what happened to a bass that went missing in 1969, I'd much rather know what happened to the Gene Simmons Lobue bass. 

https://thelostbass.com/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66700300

• Like 1

It's not me. There's some bloke in the US trying to sell what he's saying are 60s Hofners on Reverb for nearly £100k. In the ads he talks about how Sir Paul blah blah blah as of he's trying to suggest they were once owned by the man himself without actually saying it. Maybe he's now butchering the pickups on one and putting the price up to $1m

• Like 1