Why become a member? ×

Spinal Tap on TV tonight

Mickeyboro

I don't think I saw it until the early 90s. I remember the equally good Bad News from the Comic Strip Presents back in the day but Spinal Tap was something people initially said in bands that I didn't always get as a reference. I quickly caught up. 

I echo the views about repeated viewings. You are so busy laughing there are brilliant lines that get missed. I watched it again the other week and I was still laughing out loud at moments. Brilliantly observed - we've all been in bands with these characters and more worryingly, actually been these characters at different stages of our lives. I'll rise above it - I'm a professional! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was involved in a studio in Wardour Street in the early 90's. We often hosted TV companies as a location. One marvellous day we hosted David, Derek and Nigel. They were with us for 3 hours straight and didn't stray out of character for a second. 

It was hilarious from when they arrived to when they left.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Jason Karloff said:

Fav gag for me is when they are sat around the table and they are going through past album reviews. 

The 2 word review of Shark Sandwich 👍 gets me every time

From what I understand, that was the first time any of the cast had heard any of the reviews. Rob Reiner wrote them and had kept them secret up to that point.

Oh I missed it!

The last time I saw it was a special anniversary screening in Bristol Imax with an intro from Michael Palin (its his favourite film) plus a long and very funny intro from Harry Shearer,  both recorded just for this showing.

It was a fantastic night, a cinema full of laughter is a great experience.