Why become a member? ×

Foo Fighters - a 910 cab?

MuseMatt

12 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Interestingly no amps visible and one one (perhaps) microphone on any of the cabs in the fist photo.

Maybe they are just stage props?

That`s one heavy stage prop, feel sorry for the roadies.

6 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I've not seen those before.

I'm not lifting them! :D 

Obviously not one of said roadies!

11 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Interestingly no amps visible and one one (perhaps) microphone on any of the cabs in the fist photo.

He does use racked amps (for a very long time now) so that shouldn't be the thing; I think the mic'ed up amp is the dirty one, I think he runs clean and drive bi-amped due to the sound of the EVO and the BTA

I think that he really needs to have another two cabs stacked on top for them to be of much practical use. The current cabs don't quite come up to ear level so he might not even hear them properly. Also, he definitely needs a couple of those Trace Elliot Bright Boxes as well for added sonic balance.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 25/08/2023 at 12:17, Chienmortbb said:

I cannot see the gap between them.

Yes there is at the bottom right corner of the upside down V his legs form.

On 25/08/2023 at 12:37, BigRedX said:

A lot of bands who still uses amps, especially if they use several different amps, have them placed at the back in a rack to be switched between and/or combined depending on the songs.

On 25/08/2023 at 23:30, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

It has to be for the look. The actual need for those died with the invention of the true electric bass specific ten and good PA.

He might have swapped the speaker units of the cabs.

On 26/08/2023 at 20:04, BassmanPaul said:

I watched the entire video. All I heard was noise and screaming. Not my cup'o Earl Grey Tea!

How about some jazz then? :

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

In case anyone wonders why a 9x10 the answer is impedance. If you use 8 ohm drivers you can't wire eight of them for an 8 ohm load, you may only get 1, 4, 16 or 64 ohms. You can wire a 9x10 as triplets in parallel, the three groups in series for an 8 ohm load. Or you can wire nine 4 ohm drivers for a 4 ohm load. That gave Ampeg more driver options than the 32 ohm they used in the 8x10.

• Like 6