Why become a member? ×

For those who likes RHCP

nilorius

24 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

"Ooh that's tight" as a choice but....

https://youtu.be/tX23qUNslJA

^This guy gets it^

'Sir Psycho Sexy' for me too. Funky Mutron goodness from Flea, tight rhythm work from Frusciante, and a wobbly vibraphone to boot.

This track has it all.

If I had to pick a 2nd favourite then it would most likely be 'Coffee Shop' from One Hot Minute. Flea is ON POINT!!!

Edited by paul_5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

^This guy gets it^

'Sir Psycho Sexy' for me too. Funky Mutron goodness from Flea, tight rhythm work from Frusciante, and a wobbly vibraphone to boot.

This track has it all.

Takes a bow........

Brilliant tune. Up there with the best funk tunes ever for me. Working with George Clinton must have had such an impact on them in their earlier days (Yurtle The Turtle anyone????)

Edited by P-Belly Evans

Monarchy of Roses with wild guitar and wonderful high backing vocals whether John or Josh playing.

Learnt this last week just to join in with the craziness ( at home! with video playing on my desk monitor

as I do all my playing for last 5 years). 

Bass rumble start is  a menial task but you can listen to mad guitar and drums but the second half of verse /chorus is a great gallop?  Easy slap fun after V2 and the end 6 variants easy enough even for me as the song climaxes !

This one has extended intro 1:30 before vocals but Josh includes nearly all the recordings’ killer sections

and high vocals. EPIC! Helps keep a 69 year old rockin ! Come ON !!!!

As there is quite some variations of styles it's really hard to choose.

Ballad-wise I go with soul to squeeze. For the good old funk I think backwoods is my all time favorite.

Should I only choose one; backwoods...

Or maybe show me your soul or soul to squeeze.

Maybe we should make this easier and choose one of each album/era 😉

• Like 1

For me, Aeroplane is the perfect RHCP tune - catchy "radio-friendly" pop tune and great chorus, but with lovely slap on the verse and a cool bass solo. I still love everything pre-Californication but One Hot Minute is standout for me, I think because I've always really liked Jane's Addiction and Dave Navarro adds a bit of that to the Chilis' sound

5 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

The Righteous & The Wicked.

The whole BSSM album is superb (apart from lyrics which are utter b*****s). I've not really liked anything of theirs after BSSM. 

I think most Chilli Peppers fans would agree Dani California is their worst.

Yep 100%. I've stated before, but, Stadium Arcadium and that song, is the precise point this band went down the s******. I can't stand that album.

They stylistically started to lean over to Anthony singing (one thing you don't want him doing without a generous dose of autotune), with generic song structures. A recipe for insta-bland.

Edited by 40hz